1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street TV References

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Muppet dude, May 13, 2007.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm watchting the debut of the Spaceballs cartoon and they just showed the part where Yogurt is abandoned by Dark Helmet, he claims "it's not easy being choses, or green." And before, during a space-pod race, I think I saw some giant Yip-Yip Martians in teh crowd.
  2. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Spotted on a Flix comedy this morning

This morning I was watching an old movie called "My Brother the Pig", in which a girl's younger brother gets transformed into a pig--and has to travel to Mexico with her nanny to find the one person who can reverse the spell. What does this have to do with Sesame Street? Well, when they'd reached Mexico, this bit of dialogue took place:

PIG-BOY'S FRIEND (who wasn't fluent in Spanish otherwise): Buenos días, ¿como estás?
    NANNY'S MEXICAN RELATIVE: Buenos días.
    PIG-BOY'S OLDER SISTER (irritated): Where did that come from?
    PIG-BOY'S FRIEND: Sesame Street.
    PIG-BOY'S OLDER SISTER (sarcastically): Oh, great...Did Elmo teach you how to say "Please help us turn my brother back into a boy"?
  3. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I saw the Family Guy one with cookie monster *Adult* in rehab, but I thought it was hilarious lol
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's a great SS refference from Eek the Cat, delivered by Weird Al Yankovic Himself in an episode called The Fug-eek-tive

"To quote a heavily Copyrighted children's show, One of these things is Not like the others!"
  5. Drtooth

I can't believe I forgot to add this, but last night on The Office (the one with Jan's Baby Shower) an Elmo pillow and a large Big Bird plush are visible at the shower. Of course, you could only plainly see Big Bird's side for a second... but there's no mistaking that big yellow shape.
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Stephen Colbert: "THESE are the people in your neighborhood! They're the people that you meet, when you're walking down the street! They're the PEOPLE that you meet each DAY!"
  7. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

Grover in Casablanca

Grover with Cleo from Between the Lions in an ad for PBS Kids "Ready to Learn" initiative. it's funny how SS has been mimicking advertisement format so well in the show for 40 years that now they're pretty good at making real ads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egTSvx4k24M
  8. Drtooth

Another one from the DIC version of the Bill and Ted's excellent Adventures cartoon show...

In "Misadventures in Babysitting" Bill and Ted go back in time to babysit themselves so they can stop their younger selves from breaking an electric guitar that Bill's dad once owned. In one scene the younger Bill and Ted are watching TV and screaming "We wanna watch Big Bird." The older Ted says, "no, you don't wanna watch Big Bird, you wanna watch Music Videos!"

Speaking of which, Everybody Hates Chris had an episode where some really tall girl no one liked started dating Chris, they called her Big Bird. At the end, Chris blows her off, she gets a makeover and she moves to Paris, just before telling Chris off. At the end Chris Rock narrates: "Today's show was brought to you by the letters, D, A... [etc to spell a certain cuss word]"
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Haaaaahahahahahahaha! That's funny! :zany:
  10. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Ever watch "Drawn together"? They had a reference to the Yip Yip Martians in one episode. In one scene, there's a phone, and when the phone rings these 4 characters in the show do a reference by acting like the Yip Yip martians, and they all look like they have the mouths of the martians! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRIING! YipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYipYip UH-HUH! UH-HUH!
  11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Ok! Cancel that last post I just made. Apparently someone beat it to me, and I for one am pleased that South Park does (on occasion) sesame street references!
  12. Drtooth

Here's one that totally floored me. In the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls special (Powerpuff Girls Rule) they made a pretty obscure reference.

The plotline involves the key to the world (like a Key to the city, and whoever possesses it rules the world) getting lost, and all the villains are rushing to find it.

They DIRECTLY reference the SS Some of Us skit seen here, even mimicking the music and movements of the characters. The narrator even says something to the extent of "Yes, all of the bad ones, all of the slimey one, all of the icky ones..." just like the skit.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You know, I saw this special and not I want to see it again.
  14. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I do recall an episode of Daria where there is an SS reference, about (If I remember right) refering to a group of other people, wherein she speaks to the camera exclaiming that "One of these things is not like the others".
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Last night's Simpsons episode had costumed versions of Big Bird, Elmo and The Count waiting fro a hockey game to finish so they could start their Sesame Street Ice show.
  16. StreetScenes

StreetScenes Member

not a tv reference, but there isn't a thread for radio... but yesterday (april 11) was the 101st day of the year, so at the end of All Things Considered on NPR, they played the ss funky chimes and had elmo announce that the day's sponsors were the number 101 and the letters n, p, and r. you can hear it here on their website.
  17. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Hmm... plays at a much slower tempo than usual.

Also, I'd like to know the actual name of that song.
  18. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

If reruns count--

On an episode of "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" that I saw this morning, Sabrina and Harvey used a monkey puppet to liven up an oral report on endangered species. A classmate (who spotted Sabrina in the hall later) sarcastically asked: "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?"
  19. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I remember seeing an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies which I can't remember what it was about but whoever the guest was Granny mentions who Jed or the other 2 He watches SS.

The BH's ran from 1962-1971 so this had to have been from the last 2 years of its run.

Maybe somebody else has more info.
  20. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member