Sesame Street theme sung in other languages

dinoboy

Reaction score
I remember I saw a documented special on CH13 about the development of Sesame Street, and one thing they mentioned was they got a request to produce the show for other countries and spoken in their languages. I found that the SS theme song sung in other languages was pretty neat, since when younger kids sung it it sounded more special. First, the song is sung in German as the show is called "Sesam Stausse." in Germany. They also show some scenes of what the show is like in other countries and what it's called. The foreign muppets looked very creative. I found that Big Bird looked very different in the Portugal show, and that the Polish version didn't have Big Bird, but some large dragony-like character. In any language you say it, Sesame Street will always be sunny and fun.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah.... most Sesame Co-Productions use the familiar song sung in the native toungue of that country. Some rare occasions they do their own (like plaza Sesamo).

dinoboy

Reaction score
believe it or not, I sometimes watch Plaza Sesamo, and although they all speak Spanish, I sometimes look as though I understand what they're saying. Nice version of Big Bird, as actually it's a giant green amazon parrot. I once saw a very rare animated short where M is for monkey, as you hear an old time music box for the music, and the organ grinder guy says things that begin with the letter M.