"Sesame Street" Subway Commercial

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey, everyone.

Guess what...the other night on my local FOX station was an ad for Subway (the sandwich place) and to advertise, they had three pictures of three burger patties landing on the counter with metallic CLANGGG! sounds and a fourth picture of one of their subs. Now, during this, there was a dude singing the "One of These Things" song! If it was not the original music from the Sesame Street Original Cast Album, it was extremely close! They even did the "You're absolutely right!" at the end! I'm not making this up...I really saw it!:eek:

If it helps, I saw this commercial in the evening, during King of the Hill, around 6:15 PM.

Anyone else saw this?

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
Notice the contrast here.....

SS is sponsered by McDonalds, and they're using an SS song for Subway, a company that wants people to eat healthier, thus trying to get more customers to eat at their place.,....

zanimum

Reaction score
I don't thing it was a Sesame Street staff composer who wrote this song... it seems to have been licensed by Sesame Street from the writer, and is in theory, no more Sesame than Subway.

I have a Sesame songbook at home, from 1972. I'll check who they credit the song to.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw this commercial too, and I was really surprised. I guess it would make more sense to me if it turns out to be true that SS doesn't own the song itself. I thought the commercial was cute, but I can't see the SS people hawking sandwiches.

beaker

Reaction score
POO! I thought this was a thread talking about a new Subway/Muppets promotion...the last time that happened was 1999 with Bear in the Big Blue House. Sesame Street so far usually only does tie ins with Mrs. Fields and Sbarr (Sbarro, the only eatery to do promotions with Muppets, Sesame, and Bear).