Sesame Street Sketch: Sleep & the City

dietrich

Reaction score
Here's an idea for a skit I thought could be on this season. I call it Sleep & the City with Sarah Jessica Parker and three AM's. Feedback is appreciative. I want to hear from you.

Characters:

Pink AM-Sanaptha Jones
Green AM-Charlotte York McDozel
Purple AM-Miranda Snores
Sarah Jessica Parker-Carrie Snoreshaw
Mr. Z-Muppet Pillow

Opening Song
"Snore, Snore, Snore. We like to do it. We like to it."

Carrie in her bed with Charlotte, Miranda, and Sanaptha writing in her diary

Carrie: Dear Diary, tonight I'm having a sleepover with the girls. It's been a long day and we're all tired Now it's time for sleep. (yawns)

Charlotte: That's right Carrie. We're all tired and its important to get enough sleep.

Carrie: You got that right Charlotte. Sleep is important to everyone. It gives you strength.

Miranda: Why without sleep we couldn't do anything. A few days ago I didn't get enough sleep and was tired the whole day. (Cut to Miranda yawning throughout the day) That night I slept like a log

Carrie: Sleep is so important that somedays I need a nap during the day. Why just today I was so tired that I just had to stop everything and take a nap in the afternoon. (Cut to show Carrie asleep snoring)

Sanaptha: Tell me about Carrie. Not to brag, but I had a nap today too and it was fantasitic. (Cut to show Sanaptha sleeping in her bed snoring louder) It gave me the energy to go on the rest of the day. In fact (yawns) all this talk about sleep has put me in the mood to go right to sleep. Good night girls. (Falls asleep and snores.)

Charlotte: I'm sleepy too. Nighty night. (Goes to sleep. Snoring)

Miranda: (Shrugs) If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.(Goes to sleep. Also snoring)

Carrie: Well Diary my friends are all sleeping (yawns) and I want to join them. All that's left to do is to get Mr. Z. (Picks up a pillow that reveals a face.)

Mr. Z: Come on Carrie! It's been a long day. Put down the diary and go to bed.

Carrie: OK Mr. Z. Goodnight. (Falls asleep. Scene ends with all four asleep in the bed.)

Closing Song
"Snore, Snore, Snore. We like to do it. We like to it."

I hope everyone likes it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. It was good. Send it to the company and see what they say.

dietrich

Reaction score
What address would I sent it to? I didn't think that Sesame Workshop took fan ideas. Has anyone heard of fan ideas being made done for real? :smile: