Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
No, I remember them too. One thing thaat bugged me about the nap time insert was that when the monsters have their own nap time, they all keep screaming "NAP TIME!" Y'know, when they're supposed to be napping? Not exactly how you take a nap.
Well, at least they fixed that the following season with the Monsters Clubhouse sketches.

Schfifty

Reaction score
One intriguing thing I actually hadn't really noticed before in the Day Care sketches: in the "MMM Monster Meal" segment, right before Herry leaves the day care center after talking to the girl, there's a calendar visible in the background for the month of May, with the 1st and 2nd shown. May 1st and 2nd were indeed on a Friday and Saturday in 1998, so maybe perhaps all the MiDC segments could have been filmed that spring! Unless the calendar was deliberately set to May because it starts with M, but I doubt that.

If the segments were in fact all filmed in May that year, then that would show that even the main production for season 30's wraparounds had already been started right at the end of season 29.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Put up a couple of season 30 sketches on YouTube recently...thought I'd share them here for you folks.

One of the first sketches of Matt Vogel performing Big Bird:

Elmo and Rosita talking about friendship:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And it's interesting to think that Alan has been running Hooper's Store longer than anyone else before him: even Mr. Hooper himself. He's still a wonderful human on the show, and I've always enjoyed his presence since his debut.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Indeed, I never had anything against Alan, but I don't think I truly started to appreciate him until about five years ago.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Look at what Schfifty uploaded. Episode 3786 is finally on Youtube :smile:
So happy to finally see Alan's first episode.

I am glad I am getting to see this episode but, it seems CTW didn't want anyone to remember Mr. Handford.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They really didn't offer any in-universe explanation on the show, other than saying Alan was the new storekeeper, and him also making the remark, "when I bought the store, they told me it was an interesting neighborhood."

However, SS.org's site says that Mr. Handford simply sold the store to Alan. Alan Muraoka says in the 40 years book that CTW was looking for a younger storekeeper (as most of those who attended the auditions were mostly older, grandfatherly types), and also decided to look for an Asian-American, so those worked in his favor.

I would say while the transition wasn't exactly perfect, I just hope there wasn't a sour taste in anyone's mouth when David L. Smyrl left - but then again, from what we understand, he enjoyed his stay on the show, so surely when he left it was on good terms.