Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4916 - Mechanics in Space

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4916 - Mechanics in Space
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 2, 2019

Rudy is pretending to be a space alien from another planet. When his space ship won't start, Abby and Elmo play mechanics. They figure out what the problem is and fix Rudy's space ship.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Mushrooms") and Elmo the Musical ("Repair Monster the Musical").

If you saw "Mechanics in Space" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was nice to see Cookie's food truck in a street story. It would have been better if Gonger was there though. I liked how Cookie called the mushrooms umbrella cookies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
According to my cable listings, this week's new episode is last week's. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So not only has Nina replaced Maria as the street's resident Latina, she's also replaced Susan being a woman who actually knows how to fix cars. And I have to say, the female construction worker AM with the deep man voice in the cold open seemed very much like some kind of throw-away character we'd see in a TMS sketch.

As for the street story itself . . . as I'm sure Oscarfan will probably comment, "meh." Rudy's pretend play and Elmo and Abby eventually joining in was cute enough, I guess; the problem with Cookie's foodie truck turning out that he slipped a cookie into the engine to keep it warm was amusing - actually reminds me of that SEINFELD episode where Jerry discovers Kramer and Newman put some of their groceries under the hood of his car.

Other than that, not much to comment on.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nothing about it felt rushed, I'll say at least. But also, like, I really didn't care about anything that was happening, so...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Mechanics in Space" premieres on PBS this Monday November 4. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.