Sesame Street Season 49 Episode 4911 - Honk If You Love Libraries

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4911 - Honk If You Love Libraries
HBO Premiere: Saturday January 26, 2019

Librarian Grover helps Nina and Elmo find the books they need while looking through the different sections of the library (Starring Zoe Kravitz).

This episode features an all-new street story, Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Onions") and Elmo's World ("Books").

If you saw "Honk If You Love Libraries" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is the library out in the middle of the arbor? Why? What sense does that make? What if it suddenly starts raining, all those books and computers and everything ou there getting wet and ruined? And since when do libraries have comic books for you to check out? Treasury and collection books for newspaper comic strips, maybe, but comic books? And what kind of comic book is still 25 cents?

Nice little cameos by Prairie Dawn, Julia, and the Caroll Spinney book, but otherwise, this episode is just a hot mess . . . even our usual, lovable, furry blue pal Grover couldn't save it - for everybody who's been complaining about how Flanderized he's been in being just a straight-up dumb@$$, this is is another example of just that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a total mess (even though I like seeing Honkers used so prominently). I can't believe these past muster with the people making it.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The best part was seeing the Honkers in a bunch of the scenes. I also liked Elmo geeking out over Galactic Gail, that was a hilarious performance by Ryan. The end with Gail reading the book to Elmo and having a bit of an ego was kinda funny.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
A part where Ernie and Bert visited the library may have saved the episode.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Honk If You Love Libraries" premieres on PBS this Monday September 30. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.