Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4818 - It's Dance Your Favorite Dance Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4818 - It's Dance Your Favorite Dance Day
HBO Premiere: Saturday March 17, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday August 27, 2018

It's Dance Your Favorite Dance Day on Sesame Street. Nina, who knows lots of dances from around the world, teaches everyone the moves to their favorite dances.

This episode features an all-new street story, "Dancing is Easy" with Jason Derulo, Murray Has a Little Lamb ("Flamenco School") and Elmo's World ("Dancing").

If you saw "It's Dance Your Favorite Dance Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was fun. We got to see the chemistry between Big Bird and Snuffy with Matt playing Big Bird. It was interesting how they didn't rerecord the vocals for Elmo Slide. Combining all the dance versions of Murray and Ovejita's segments into one was a little odd.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The street story was fun. We got to see the chemistry between Big Bird and Snuffy with Matt playing Big Bird.
I agree, Carroll and Marty always had a lot of chemistry but there hasn't been a lot of interaction between him and Snuffy since Matt's been playing BB more regularly so it was interesting to see that in this ep.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"It's Dance Your Favorite Dance Day" premieres on PBS this Monday August 27. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I have kind of a strange question. When I was watching the show today, I heard a female voice over commenting on what was happening on the show. (Ex: "We see Nina twirling," "Snuffy lifts his trunk," etc. Yes, I know it's not a trunk, it's a Snuffle but that's what the voice over lady called it.) My question is, is PBS doing these commentaries now for every episode or is it just my local PBS affiliate? Just curious about that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's something done for the benefit of the seeing impaired. That might have been something your station did by accident, or the setting came on your TV somehow.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I get it, kind of similar to closed captioning but for seeing impaired rather than hearing impaired. Yeah, maybe it was a WVIA-TV thing, but I'll check my other channels as well. If that is a regular setting on my TV I should figure out how to turn it off.