Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4813 - Book Worming

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4813 - Book Worming
HBO Premiere: Saturday February 10, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday March 18, 2019

Elmo's friend Zuzu is visiting Sesame Street from South Africa. After reading all about her home in the Book Nook, Elmo and Alan throw Zuzu a welcome party with South African food, music and traditional clothing. At the party, Zuzu says she read up on Sesame Street, too.

This episode features an all-new street story, Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Onion") and Elmo's World ("Books").

If you saw "Book Worming" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I thought it was nice enough. I would've liked to see Zuzu in much more of the story, instead of a featured cameo pretty much. And Frankie the Worm is back, neat.

I'm starting to think that a little Cookie Monster goes a long way. I don't mind that the scale has been tipped and he's more popular than Elmo now, but there's a still too much of each of them; 90% of the episode involved them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought it was nice enough. I would've liked to see Zuzu in much more of the story, instead of a featured cameo pretty much.
Pretty much my feelings as well.

And hey, we got another classic EW today, that was nice.

Somebody needs to tell Cookie and Gonger that onions are better the smaller and flatter they are - not as strong and overwhelming.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was pretty good. Like Shane and Joseph said, it would have been nice if Zuzu was in it more. I liked Tyler Bunch's performance as one of the penguins. Couldn't tell who the other one was, cause his voice was so similar. Cookie's onion breath showing in the Foodie Truck segment was funny.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Book Worming" premieres on PBS this Monday March 18. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

This is the final half-hour episode from Season 48 to premiere on PBS.

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the unnecessary controversy from 2002, I think the episode would have featured Kami instead of Zuzu to represent South Africa. While Zuzu is a main character on Takalani Sesame, she isn't really a popular one. I assume they didn't want to use Neno because that's literally Elmo with a new name and a South African accent, and they couldn't use the other characters (Zikwe and Moshe) because they couldn't get their puppeteers to come to the United States in time for filming (and it probably would be a hassle to ship the very large Moshe puppet overseas, especially because shipping from anywhere in Africa is very expensive).