Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4807 - M is for Mission

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4807 - M is for Mission
HBO Premiere: Saturday December 30, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday August 13, 2018

The letter M goes missing from everywhere around Sesame Street and it's up to Nina and the gang to find it.

This episode features an all-new street story, Cookie's Crumby Pictures ("Jurassic Cookie") and a new Elmo's World ("Alphabet").

If you saw "M is for Mission" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Other than a triumphant return of Old School Super Grover, this was another flat street story. However, I really can't help but feel like there was a connection between the climax of the street story, and this old insert:

Nice to see a Crumby Picture instead of Monster Foodies, and for the second time ever, they actually took the time to count the cookies during the NOTD.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Technically this is the 3rd time they counted the cookie's in the NOTD. I thought the street story was fun. I know they used this type of story before, but this time they expanded it by finding other letters to use instead. I know for sure the B was Stephanie and the M was Peter. I'm guessing the N was Billy guess it looked like you needed your left hand to operate it. It's about time Big Bird did a cold open.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I thought the story was fine enough and at least had some humor in it ("I won't take NOO for an answer"). Plot hole: if the cows couldn't say "moo" because the Ms were gone, wouldn't everyone be unable to make the M sound?

Whatever. Rather disjointed use of segments. Setting up everything around the letter M, but no, the sponsor is A, then a segment all about the letter H.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
An episode about the letter M, then the sponsor is the letter A, and a segment about the letter H?

All that's missing is something tied/featuring the letter S and I bet der Snowth would have been happy with this episode given what those letters spell. :fanatic:

Either that or a bit focused on the letter E forming the word "MAHE".
"MAHE"? :confused:

Hmm, A is 1 and H is 8, wait, what if that was meant to be 18, which means the letter R as in "MRE"! :batty:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"M is for Mission" premieres on PBS this Monday August 13. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I would like to correct myself: The letter N was played by Frankie Cordero.