Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4805 - Martian Mission

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4805 - Martian Mission
HBO Premiere: Saturday December 16, 2017
PBS Premiere: Monday August 20, 2018

Martians have landed on Sesame Street to find out what Earth people are like. Elmo shows them around and helps them learn that people come in lots of sizes, their skin comes in lots of colors, and people speak lots of languages. The Martians also learn that even though there are many kinds of people, anyone can be friends!

This episode features an all-new street story, Alessia Cara singing "So Much Alike", a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Pineapples") and a new Elmo's World ("People").

If you saw "Martian Mission" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How dare Sesame Street push the dumb liberals' leftist agenda by pandering SJW bullcrap! Sesame Street was so much better in the old days when it was all about letters and numbers and not this diversity crap. And now they have Muslims on the show? Typical anti-American Muslim-lovers! I will never let my children watch Sesame Street ever again, I don't want them brainwashed into this evil cult that Sesame Street has fallen victim too! This is disgusting! Boycott Sesame Street!

:stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

Now, in all seriousness, the street story wasn't bad, but I felt like it could have been executed a little better, especially considering they took the time to point out that different people have different skin colors, and different languages, and that even some people talk with their hands (sign language) . . . but they over looked a little person . . . I suppose he falls under their "people come in different sizes" observation, though that was mostly the difference between kids and adults. It was fun to see the Martians again; who performed their leader? She honestly sounded very much like a Fran character.

Monster Foodies was a little better this time; didn't take as much effort to try and understand what Gonger is saying, and I liked Cookie's comment about seeing double before it's explained to him that the girls are twins.

Even though there was a NOTD (9), they didn't use either NOTD bit - guess they ran out of time. I wasn't paying attention, but the street story did feel a little longer than usual.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Martian leader was played by Stephanie. The street story was very good. I really liked the Anyone Can Be Friends song. The song with Alessia Cara was very good. The Foodie Truck bit was funny. Gonger makes me laugh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel like Alessia Cara's song could have been better if it was mixed better: the vocals were too soft, while the underscore was too loud. That, and she kind of looked miserable during the number, I thought.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I thought the street story was fine enough; nice to see the Martians do something prominent. Hopefully, they'll be back some more.

Something about the direction or editing of the stories has been really sloppy. The camera moves and shots aren't as good as they have been. And the sound effects are lacking at times too.

Alessia's song was pleasant and it's good Ernie and Bert were included.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Martian Mission" premieres on PBS this Monday August 20. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I felt this is why it's disappointing that the main cast of humans was decreased to Alan, Chris and Nina. This episode could have used some longtime cast members such as Maria and Luis, Susan and Gordon, etc. if they were still on the show. Heck, there was even someone who spoke in sign language. Reminded me a lot of Linda. But oh well, I guess we can't go back in time. I agree that it was nice that the Yip Yips got some airtime in a street story. (Funny how Elmo acted like he's never seen them before. Lol.)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I felt this is why it's disappointing that the main cast of humans was decreased to Alan, Chris and Nina. This episode could have used some longtime cast members such as Maria and Luis, Susan and Gordon, etc. if they were still on the show. Heck, there was even someone who spoke in sign language. Reminded me a lot of Linda. But oh well, I guess we can't go back in time. I agree that it was nice that the Yip Yips got some airtime in a street story. (Funny how Elmo acted like he's never seen them before. Lol.)
Yeah, I do think this episode could've benefitted from more cast members, I feel like the message of the episode would've worked a bit better with more familiar faces. But, it was a cute street story, that's really all I can say. It was cute. I do love The Martians though.