Sesame Street Season 48 begins shooting, HBO premiere set for November 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's almost as if the Muppet characters are objectively more popular than the human ones, therefore they'd get better treatment...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nothing, so why do you keep derailing every single Sesame topic about it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, and I'm sorry your obsessive and compulsive behavior exhausted my patience to the point that I was goaded into a slight transgression.

Censored

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right, and I'm sorry your obsessive and compulsive behavior exhausted my patience to the point that I was goaded into a slight transgression.
Ok. I forgive you.

Censored

Reaction score
It's almost as if the Muppet characters are objectively more popular than the human ones, therefore they'd get better treatment...
Now, what did the human characters ever do to you?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nothing. I'm not pleased with the move, but it happened and it's time to move on. Half you don't watch the show today anyway; you still have your memories and YouTube clips to honor their legacy.

Censored

Reaction score
Nothing. I'm not pleased with the move, but it happened and it's time to move on. Half you don't watch the show today anyway; you still have your memories and YouTube clips to honor their legacy.
Their dismissal was unnecessary and you know it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Probably. They were appearing less and less each season still. Bob called the show a "hobby" as of a few years ago. It's nice that they were still around, but if they're relegated to a two-second cameo or whatever, I think that's a waste. Either use them fully or don't.

If anything seems sour, it's that it seems that the producers and such weren't 100% clear with the cast with their intentions. And it's not as if SW directly told the news outlets and such what their plans were. All the foofarah around their departure I blame on Steve Swanson, who broke the story and tried getting everyone's attention to it using a confusingly worded, out-of-context soundbite.

Bottom line, SS did what it had to do to survive in the current TV climate, which is in a spot nobody 10 years ago would've predicted. Yes, that's a shame it's focus on bottom line tactics, but to paraphrase Sonia: she agrees, but if the show is reflective of the times, that that is much more indicative of our society and not the show.

Censored

Reaction score
Probably. They were appearing less and less each season still. Bob called the show a "hobby" as of a few years ago. It's nice that they were still around, but if they're relegated to a two-second cameo or whatever, I think that's a waste. Either use them fully or don't.
Oh yes, all or nothing. The best way to approach a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.