Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4614 - Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4614 - Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 9, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday December 19, 2016

Chris helps Penelope, an overly excited penguin, learn how to control herself and make new friends. Also featuring "Be a Good Friend" song with Gwen Stefani, Murray Has a Little Lamb-Friendship Day and Elmo's World-Friends. Brought to you by the letter F and the number 2.

This street story is originally from Season 45, Episode 4505.

If you saw "Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh. Why? Why? There has never been a Muppet that I actually wanted rip to shreds like Penelope Penguin. That obnoxious voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

But seeing the photo for this episode brings to mind something that's been driving me crazy since the "HD" inception: the still shots and publicity pics for the show always look so bright and well-lit, yet the show itself always looks dark and sunset-like. What gives?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Season 45 (which that story was borrowed from) did a lot of odd dark color correction it seems. I'm not sure why though.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
For whatever reason, my DVR didn't record this episode. So I have to wait until Monday to see it. Or Sunday. Depending on when On Demand puts it up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Season 45 (which that story was borrowed from) did a lot of odd dark color correction it seems. I'm not sure why though.
It seems like every season since 39 has done that. But then again, Doug Walker says that when it comes to filming HD, it's best to set the exposure a little lower to improve post corrections. Not sure if that's the cast here, but again, the publicity and behind-the-scenes photos always look brighter than the show itself.
Which muppet did the opening?
Elmo.
For whatever reason, my DVR didn't record this episode. So I have to wait until Monday to see it. Or Sunday. Depending on when On Demand puts it up.
Who's your provider? Comcast usually has the episode available On Demand the same day - that's how I've watched the show these past three weeks.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Who's your provider? Comcast usually has the episode available On Demand the same day - that's how I've watched the show these past three weeks.
Xfinity. But this particular episode is not On Demand yet.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ugh. Why? Why? There has never been a Muppet that I actually wanted rip to shreds like Penelope Penguin. That obnoxious voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
I still think she's nowhere near as annoying as the Fifteen from "Fifteen's Quinceanera".