Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4513 - Waiting for the Present

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Season 45 Episode 4513 - Waiting for the Present
Tuesday December 16, 2014

Elmo gives Rosita a present and when he leaves he asks her to wait until he is back to open it. Leela, Alan, and Abby help her create strategies to control herself but will they be enough to keep Rosita from opening the present?

Subject: Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: G & 16
Word on the Street: Resist – To control and stop yourself from doing something that you really want to do.

If you've seen "Waiting for the Present" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else think this was an ingenious episode to air just before Christmas? Considering how antsy kids are going to get this time of year, I certainly do.

And you know what made this episode special? The fact that, after all the techniques the adults and Abby tried to get Rosita to refrain from opening his present, what stopped her was realizing that as Elmo got it for her, the best way to enjoy the gift is for Elmo to see how much she loved it. That's a very good message they managed to get in there. I was hoping they'd add that emotional little burst. Something that's been lacking lately, as they have been too safe with these messages, and I feel it undermines them. Yeah, I know it's a kid's show and kids that young need simple messages, but they're not too simple that they can't throw in some nuance.

I also liked that they also subtly brought Abby back to what she should be doing. Subtly telling kids that magic doesn't fix everything. Also glad they used Rosita for something as well instead of just Abby. Oh, and Prairie walked by in the opening. That's good, I guess.

That word on the street segment was inspired. You can tell Sir Ian and David were having a ball with it. We need more WOTS bits where the celebrities and puppeteers have a great time with humorous dialogue instead of "this is what the word is" bits.

Yeah. They worked in the "I'll have what she's having" line in the Harry met Sally parody. I knew they would, but it was a matter of how. Anyone else notice Lord Chatterly in the background, and the Camilla-esque Chicken on the pendant hanging up?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very good. The street story was nice. Prairie making a quick cameo and hearing Mae one last time was great. The statue of Elmo and Rosita was sweet. The WOTD bit was funny. My favorite line was "Why me chose today to help with word?" The new MHALL was very good. It was nice to see Murray's mom for the first time. Stephanie did a good job playing her. The new CCP was funny. I never saw the movie, but I knew about the famous "I'll have what she's having" line. Michael Buble's version of Believe in Yourself is definitely better than 'NSync's version. I like that they're making Murray a part of the gang instead of just being the host.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ahhh. It's so much easier to post here than it is on the Toonzone Forums for some reason. My computer has been given me a hassle ever since I had to install all these downloads for my new job. But for some reason it seems to be okay now. Anyway, what was I saying.... Oh, I remember....

Anyone else think this was an ingenious episode to air just before Christmas? Considering how antsy kids are going to get this time of year, I certainly do.
Yeah. I was sort of thinking the ep may be Christmas themed, but that's what the Christmas specials are for, if they'd ever replay them. Though "Elmo's Christmas Countdown" did air last year, so never mind.

Yeah. They worked in the "I'll have what she's having" line in the Harry met Sally parody. I knew they would, but it was a matter of how. Anyone else notice Lord Chatterly in the background, and the Camilla-esque Chicken on the pendant hanging up?
I know they managed to throw some hidden gems in there, but the only one I caught was the Guy Smiley photo.

The street story was nice. Prairie making a quick cameo and hearing Mae one last time was great.
Yeah. Since this is the last season we'll hear Fran, it's nice that her characters are getting some airtime.

Michael Buble's version of Believe in Yourself is definitely better than 'NSync's version.
Seems like Mike is pretty popular this week. Recall we also have :mad: appearing on his holiday special as well.