Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still think they could do better, celebrity wise, than James Blunt....

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
A lot of southern fare has things fried that I don't think are necissarry and they smother some of that in gravy.
Part of the problem there is that southern cuisine was developed for people who got more exercise in the course of their daily lives than we today do trying.
Drtooth said:
they really need to introduce a character who is usually sad, but not in a comic manner. But very mildly done.
Abby almost seemed to be leaning that way. Maybe it was just the voice.

If they want to prepare kids for school, I as a teacher think that they should focus on things like respect, taking turns, not interrupting, and getting along with each other.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
somethingofafan said:
If they want to prepare kids for school, I as a teacher think that they should focus on things like respect, taking turns, not interrupting, and getting along with each other.
I think the show used to do that very well, I just don't see it as much since they've lowered the age of their target audience.

D

Dil

I wish that one of the 38th Season Episodes has TWO Elmo's World Sketches.

The New Tickle Me Elmo was SOOOOOOO MUCH MORE popular than other Tickle Me Characters, that in the clip: A kid hugged a TMX Elmo, rather than tickling him:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N8IA_5sbOU0

wiley207

Reaction score
Dil said:
I wish that one of the 38th Season Episodes has TWO Elmo's World Sketches.

The New Tickle Me Elmo was SOOOOOOO MUCH MORE popular than other Tickle Me Characters, that in the clip: A kid hugged a TMX Elmo, rather than tickling him:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N8IA_5sbOU0
NO WAY! Only one "Elmo's World" skit is good enough. They take up 20 minutes of the show! We wouldn't have room for anything else!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Alphabet Roadshow.

What do you think of that? It's silly to me.

Wonder what they'll think of next?

Alphabet Detectives?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppet dude said:
NO WAY! Only one "Elmo's World" skit is good enough. They take up 20 minutes of the show! We wouldn't have room for anything else!
Fifteen minutes actually.:wink:

ISNorden

Reaction score
If Sesame Workshop is planning to emphasize "healthy habits for life", then they shouldn't stop at diet, exercise and sleep. What about problems like sun exposure (which can cause skin cancer), or misuse of drugs (even a 3-year-old can get into Mom's pills if he's curious and determined enough)? Obesity is not the only serious health problem children have to deal with; even if it were, a lot of people will grow up with unnecessary guilt after seeing the Workshop's "sometimes = almost never" attitude towards any food that isn't low-fat, low-cholesterol and low-calorie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
If Sesame Workshop is planning to emphasize "healthy habits for life", then they shouldn't stop at diet, exercise and sleep. What about problems like sun exposure (which can cause skin cancer), or misuse of drugs (even a 3-year-old can get into Mom's pills if he's curious and determined enough)? Obesity is not the only serious health problem children have to deal with; even if it were, a lot of people will grow up with unnecessary guilt after seeing the Workshop's "sometimes = almost never" attitude towards any food that isn't low-fat, low-cholesterol and low-calorie.
I think obesity is the only health problem they're concerned with right now since apparently America is the world's "fattest country"... but hey, England's got some fatso's themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.