Sesame Street Query!

samusek2

Reaction score
Hello, New member here! Enjoy reading the forum and thought that I would register. Recently, my brother's wife gave birth to my beautiful niece who I absolutely adore. My brother has been downloading the Sesame Street podcasts for her so I've been watching those with her. I'm really loving getting back into it, even with the new characters.
I've also checked out the article about the "Word of the Day" in Entertainment Weekly a few years ago and I enjoyed looking those up on Muppet Wiki. I have to say that I would buy a DVD of alot of those if they ever made one to share with my niece. She would enrich her vocabularly and I would get a kick of all the celebrities who take part in them. (What can I say?:crazy:) I am looking at the names associated with Season 45 and I am wondering which of them will have "Word of the Day" Segments

As I am getting back into the show, I do have a few questions aboutthe scheduling of the show works. I've noticed that the show only puts out about 25-30 episodes per season and they are spaced out evenly and not half-half like shows such as Arthur. OK, but I have also noticed on Muppet Wiki that there are certain episodes in the 27 episodes of Season 44, that are repeats of previous episodes (albeit some with new word of the Day segments) considered as new episodes. I was wondering why they just don't make 27 all new episodes or just not put those repeat episodes in the new episode count. I mean, what is the difference between the "Jack's Big Jump" Season 44 episode and all the other repeated episodes on subsequent days. Also, they pre tape a lot of stuff now, I imagine from what I have read here. So now, all the Street stories have been filmed and now all they need to do are the remainder of the "Word of the Day" segments?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I'm slowly getting back into all this and I was just curious. If I am posting in the wrong thread please feel free to move it in the correct forum. Thanks in Advance.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The reason they're using older storylines and putting them as "new episodes" is mainly a budget thing. The production values on the whole show is rising and stuff like Elmo the Musical is expensive to make. So, it's a way to cut costs. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why most of the modern DVDs of the show are just compilations of street stories; it's a way of making their money back on them.