Sesame Street or Muppets in Portuguese

vidapreta

Reaction score
Hello,
My wife and i are portuguese and we want our son to learn portuguese also, but it's very hard when everyone around him is speaking english.He loves Sesame Street so we figured we could get DVDS and click the options button for audio in portuguese but wouldn't you know we're having a very hard time finding anything in our language.We did find one CALLED Follow that Bird but that was it.There are quite alot in spanish but none in portuguese.We've tried everything online even amazon .com for any kind of animated childrens movie in portuguese like shrek or jimmy neutron but nothing.We were wondering if anyone could help,our next step is getting into a plane for portugal.
THANK YOU

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

There is a Portugeuse version of Sesame Street.

It is called Rua Sesamo and has its own Potuguese Muppets called Tita and Ferrao.

To my knowledge there are NO Rua Sesameo videos available.

Hope that helps !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

I have searched and searched and Searched for Info on Rua Sesamo.

I have a Sesame Street Around the World website, And Rua Sesamo is one of the hardest to get information on.

Check my website out !

Sesame World

See ya

vidapreta

Reaction score
Well thanks for trying if anybody has any Ideas I'm all ears..

radionate

Reaction score
I have a friend who is fluent in Portugeuse. I will try and track her down about Portugeuse videos. She is in broadcasting and may well know of some places to pick up children's videos or DVDs! No promises, don't get your hopes up, but I will try.

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi!
There are a few Muppet DVD'S in Portugese, including The Muppets Take Manhatten. You'll find it on Amazon.com:wink:

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Olá...

Eu sou Português! Vivo perto de Lisboa... Em Setembro, antes das aulas começarem cá, as editoras costumam lançar uma colecção de videos da Rua Sésamo com os melhores momentos, em VHS... Se vocês tiverem família cá, vale a pena pedirem-lhes para comprar... Se não tiverem e quiserem muito os videos em questão, mandem-me o dinheiro que eu mando-vos as cassetes... Se me quiserem contactar, podem fazê-lo através de op45298@mail.telepac.pt ou pompeus7@hotmail.com

-------//-------

Hi...

I'm Portuguese! I live near Lisbon... In September, right before school starts, publishers usually release a collection of Best of Sesame Street Videos... If you have family here, it will be worth it to ask them to buy the videos for you... If you don't have family and really want the videos just send me the money and I'll send you the tapes... If you wish to contact me you can use op45298@mail.telepac.pt or pompeus7@hotmail.com

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Here's my idea. DVD World in Brazil. They carry Muppets From Space and Muppets Take Manhattan, as well as Shrek.

http://www.dvdworld.com.br

2001 Video in Brazil also has the two Muppet movies listed above.

http://www.2001video.com.br

No idea if either company ships outside of Brazil, as I don't speak Portuguese.

edit-- I just tried to place and order, and it looks as if the first company, DVD World, accepts international orders, so that looks like you best bet for a wide selection of Region 4 Portuguese/English DVDs. :smile: