Sesame Street on The Today Show (March 31)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Elmo and some friends from Sesame Street are scheduled to be on NBC's Today Show later this morning in celebration of Sesame Street's 35th anniversary.

Check out the appearance and let us know what you think!

Aiya

Reaction score
They were great! Grover was hilarious in the control room!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a fantastic appearance with a lot of characters: Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Elmo and Grover in the featured segment. The history of the show was nice and so were the clips from the upcoming season and Sunday's prime time special.

Baby Bear, Elmo, Grover, Big Bird and Zoe also appeared on the Today Show plugging the anniversary at different times throughout the second hour. The bits with Grover directing were hilarious. Just some fantastic stuff all around.

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say I missed the part where Grover was in the control booth. Do you think that since Cookie and Grover were there , that possibly Frank Oz was doing grover?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Darn. I missed it. Hopefully, I'll remember to catch Count von Count tonight. After all, he hasn't been on Sesame Street in a while, other than the "Number of the Day" segments. It would be good to see him back in the spotlight.

By the way, in response to FraglettesMom's post, I believe most of the time Eric plays Grover and David Rudman plays Cookie Monster.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
FragglettesMom said:
Do you think that since Cookie and Grover were there , that possibly Frank Oz was doing grover?
Well, it didn't sound like Frank Oz's Grover, so no.

Grover was Eric Jacobson and Cookie was David Rudman or someone, correct?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crap! It would have to be today... not tommorrow... oh well... I probably wouldn't have known about it...

Anyone tape it for future tape trade refference?

P

Philo and Gunge

Man, I only have the Elmo interview part. Does anybody know if they encore Today episodes? Or tape trading it?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may want to watch Today on Saturday morning. They typically reair some of the segments from the week on Saturdays. This happened just a few weeks ago when they reaired the Sesame Street Live appearance.