Sesame Street LP's

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know that this site had been put on here but I can't find it or I've looked for it on other sites.

Its the one where it shows most of the SS records LPs. Could some one help me?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks you very much but isn't there one that shows what the album looks like on the cover?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
It's the same site, but something seems to happened to all of the picture album files. :confused: What happened?

Reaction score
Sesame Street "Impostor" Albums

Hi guys....

Just joined the Forum today..I'm an avid E-bayer and Sesame Street Classic fan, and I would like to talk with others who own some of the "impostor" Sesame Street albums released in the 1970s on the Peter Pan, Golden and Walt Disney labels... I recently bid on an album called "Songs from Sesame Street" which ironically enough contained songs that (to my recollection) NEVER appeared on the show ("Spinning Wheel", "Good Morning Starshine", "Yellow Submarine"..) The cover featured a weird generic-looking puppet and kids jumping rope on a city street at night...It was so weird I had to have it...any music fans wanna talk about these obscure records??? :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Contrary to your belief, all of those songs have been covered by Sesame Street during its first season. I own this album, and the back cover even has a list of what episodes they appear in. Among the more well-known songs (found on "Unpaved") are "Mah Na Mah Na", "Good Morning Starshine", "A-You're Adorable", and "Consider Yourself". I'll try and provide a list of episodes they appear in.

Reaction score
Thanks Dude

Thanks dude... I just need to find a place that sells record players so I can check it out.. As a child, I had the Sesame Street Gold 2-Record Set, Sesame Street Live! and the one with Cookie Monster doing The Railroad skit. I also had a Peter Pan Sesame Street Album with "The Garden", "Sing" and "Someday Little Children"... In your opinion, was the "Songs from Sesame Street" project worth buying?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a little plug, you can hear tons of old Sesame music on Muppet Central Radio. I'm working on a project to get all of the Sesame albums included in our rotation in the near future. I've been remastering each of the old LP's, one by one.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Rooseveltcountz said:
Thanks dude... I just need to find a place that sells record players so I can check it out.. As a child, I had the Sesame Street Gold 2-Record Set, Sesame Street Live! and the one with Cookie Monster doing The Railroad skit. I also had a Peter Pan Sesame Street Album with "The Garden", "Sing" and "Someday Little Children"... In your opinion, was the "Songs from Sesame Street" project worth buying?
If you're a nostalgic Sesame fan. :big_grin: Many of the songs are hard to find on video.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's the list on the back of the "Songs from Sesame Street" album:

Feelin' Groovy--12, 86
Good Morning Starshine--3, 23, 54, 103, 121
Yellow Submarine--17, 62, 102
Swingin' On a Star--10, 61, 107
Up, Up and Away--49, 71
Mah-Na Mah-Na--14, 41, 53, 91, 113
Happiness Is (Different Things to Different People)--25, 53, 96
Spinning Wheel--12, 32, 80, 100
"A"-You're Adorable--23, 54, 104
Consider Yourself At Home--25, 38, 47, 65, 92 (also in #1)