Sesame Street Live: Save Our Street (1985)

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Just wondering, has anyone seen this show in person or have the program? I def. already know the cast list and such, I just was kind of wondering if anyone remembered seeing this show, and I always also wondered how the heck did the bad guy, Mr. Meanie choose a humble little street like Sesame Street and want to turn it into a lot. How the heck is he convinced or stopped from tearing the street down?

Also, I know Snuffy is in this show, question is, does he remain the invisible version where no one can see him, or does everyone in the show know of his existence?

I know bits and pieces of the show, but not much. I saw the song line up(probably not the order of the show, but I saw all the songs that are included in it), and it's probably the strangest line up in a SSL show, and in fact, it does not include many classic SS songs like the shows around that time did. It does have 'How Do You Do?', and I believe 'Big Heap Of Trash' as well. But the songs looked really strange, the list had 'Axel F' in it which i found really odd LOL.

So, all i can say is that this sounds like one of the more interesting shows that SSL has done. Anyone remember seeing it?

AAO

Reaction score
I saw this show... and snuffy was in it... Mr. Meanie I think was this green muppet guy in a checkered suit with glasses. Big Bird and the other continue to try to convince him Sesame Street is a great place.. etc.

AAO

Reaction score
And there's only scenes with Big Bird and Snuffy I think... I don't recall any other interaction with snuffy besides b.b.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It reminds me of Let's Be Friends, where Snuffy only was in two scenes: the park and the circus scene.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Just wondering, has anyone seen this show in person or have the program? I def. already know the cast list and such, I just was kind of wondering if anyone remembered seeing this show, and I always also wondered how the heck did the bad guy, Mr. Meanie choose a humble little street like Sesame Street and want to turn it into a lot. How the heck is he convinced or stopped from tearing the street down?

Also, I know Snuffy is in this show, question is, does he remain the invisible version where no one can see him, or does everyone in the show know of his existence?

I know bits and pieces of the show, but not much. I saw the song line up(probably not the order of the show, but I saw all the songs that are included in it), and it's probably the strangest line up in a SSL show, and in fact, it does not include many classic SS songs like the shows around that time did. It does have 'How Do You Do?', and I believe 'Big Heap Of Trash' as well. But the songs looked really strange, the list had 'Axel F' in it which i found really odd LOL.

So, all i can say is that this sounds like one of the more interesting shows that SSL has done. Anyone remember seeing it?
This sounded like a very interesting production.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
I got the program off ebay and received it today. There was some nice live action photos in the back(of coarse none of the rarer characters, just the standard ones like BB, Oscar, Cookie etc.).

Anyway, the program's last page in the illustrated show scenes only stoped after the Count's Haunted House scene, there's no Finale page of the whole cast like the early SS Live shows had at the time.

Mr. Meanie wanted to tear the street down to put in a parking lot, there is no clear explination on how he decided not too, but one of the activity pages in the back seemed to have a clue....i think that the audience and Meanie had a vote if Sesame Street should be teared down...and of coarse the audience would obviously respond 'NO' foiling Meanie's plan.

Yes, I believe Snuffy was only in scenes with Big Bird, from the looks of some of the story Big Bird mentions that Snuffy keeps dissapearing.

Anyway, the cast of the show included...

Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Grover, Prairie Dawn, Oscar The Grouch, The Count, Guy Smiley, Snuffy, Granny, Honkers, Teenager(StarrFilter), Pinkie Monster, Mr. Meanie & the Meanie Birds.

The line up...

ACT ONE:
-How Do You Do?
-The Best Street
-Meanie Headquarters
-Yea-Boo
-There's Something about You I like
-Heap of Trash
-Talent Contest

ACT TWO:
-County Fair
-Voting
-Haunted House Rock
-Too Long at the fair
-Sesame Street Blues
-Save Our Street

StarrFilter

Reaction score
yeah, they never remounted this show because it was too sad. kids were actually crying in the audience every time Mr. Meanie mentioned tearing down Sesame Street.

SSLFan

Reaction score
yeah, they never remounted this show because it was too sad. kids were actually crying in the audience every time Mr. Meanie mentioned tearing down Sesame Street.
Really? Now that is what you call a good story. heh-heh. Kids crying. WOOOOW....

They should do it again, calling it "Elmo Saves Sesame Street." lol.:big_grin:

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Yeah from the looks of it....Meanie was a REALLY bad guy...worse than PT, The Yellow Queen, and Tedious Molehill all put together. I can def. understand why it probably didn't do too well. One page mentions Meanie saying he was going to destroy :frown:'s paperclips and :insatiable:'s cookies!

SSLFan

Reaction score
I guess that's why he's called "Mr. Meanie." lol.

Do you have pics you can post?