Sesame Street Live in Japan

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's where I found it(it's all in Japanese):

http://www.sesame-street.jp/Show/CM/Live/

It's "Everyone Makes Music", which I have heard of but never seen.

I posted the text on Babelfish and here's what I got:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no musical instrument, everyone is accustomed to the musician! Elmo and the big bird, including the cookie monster, the friend of セサミストリート which everyone loves singing together, the real musical stage which dances. Authorized edition of the family entertainment which is sent to all generations! That is "セサミストリート live".

The United States "VEE CORPORATION" starts "セサミストリート live" from 1980, the character of human and life-size セサミストリート with show of musical type, same as television program, includes various education materials and we can reach with the set which is music and dynamic dance, and force "the healthy growth of the children" as a theme.

Every year new contents, at the city with respect to All-American 150 reasons, as many as 1,000 times or more continues to perform, as for "セサミストリート live", the family year 200 ten thousand or more enjoys. There are no times when the spectacle contents not only the children, fascinate also the adult, make grow tired never. Everyone bodily sensation please do by all means in at this opportunity!

From another website:
http://t.pia.co.jp/sesame/index.jsp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------The Bick bird and Elmo, the cookie monster... the companions of セサミストリート which everyone loves unfold, being energetic, the musical of real broadway style. With family everyone to world of attractive music レッツゴー! American pop, ロックンロール and folk song, movie music, disco music... with music of various genres fullest capacity! The father and the bosom oak it is in the mother, music...! ? The companions of セサミストリート in regard to stage and stage of the music which the audience make together

The characters in it are(according to sesame-street.jp):
*Big Bird
*Cookie Monster
*Oscar the Grouch
*Ernie
*Bert
*Elmo
*Zoe
*The Count
*Rosita

..and there's a Japanese lady named Jenny. Here's her picture:

http://www.sesame-street.jp/Show/CM/Live/Images/top_pht_cast_jenny

zanimum

Reaction score
Funny they don't change her name, she's Jenny in the States.

Why don't they include the Japan-only characters. That green guy looks like Stinky the Stinkweed as a monster.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm trying to watch the clips but I think you need to sign up. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
This may go without saying, but do they dub everything in Japanese?

BTW... that Jenny is seriously hot! :flirt:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Why don't they include the Japan-only characters. That green guy looks like Stinky the Stinkweed as a monster.
Well, you see. After NHK canceled the original American version last year, some dude(or SW, can't remember which)wanted to make a local version, but NHK refused to take part in it. And the Japanese version airs on a different channel, called TV Tokyo. But all that channel has are anime, variety, sports, drama, music, travel and business shows. Of course the Japanese SS just doesn't go with any of those categories, so it airs every Sunday morning.

The bottom line: The Japanese version isn't so popular like the American version was.

But SW and other Japanese companies formed Sesame Street Partners Japan(SSPJ)to make the local version in April last year. SSPJ also owns the rights to the American SS over there. So basically, whatever SS is out there-be it promotions, special events, anything...they're the ones who will manage all that.

And read what this guy had to say about it:
http://www.furman.edu/inted/viewmovies.cfm?id=79

Scooby-Doo fans had Scrappy, Sesame Street fans in Tokyo have Mojabo, Teena, Arthur, and Pierre. :stick_out_tongue: