Sesame Street Imagination

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was looking up Sesame Street clips for a YouTube Poop I'm working on and I found this weird, psychedelic animation from the 70s:

The weird thing is, I watched SS in the early 2000s and I vaguely remember this. I was so confused watching this animation. I remembered the blue giraffe, the lion, and the pillow boat. Did they even play 70s animations in the 2000s? I obviously remember such classics as the Pinball Count, The Alligator King, Martian Beauty, and the Ladybugs Picnic. I mean everybody's heard of those. Heck, the Pinball Count was so popular it got spoofed on Family Guy. But this is an obscure, seemingly rare one. Does any other of the forum's 2000s kids (or even late 90s kids as I was born in '99) remember this strange clip or am I thinking of another, similar one?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yes, they did air '70s segments in the early 2000s. I think it was the new format of 2002 that led to more infrequent airings of '70s segments, but they continued to be shown until at least 2005.

King of 8 was featured in a season 36 episode, and at least one of the Pinball Number Count segments had been shown around that time. I also recall another '70s segment (or '70s-looking) airing around this time as well.