Sesame Street Games coming for the Wii, DS and PC

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well it's been reported that two new Sesame Street video games are coming to the Nintendo Wii and DS. One of them is Cookie Monster's Counting Carnival, and the other is Elmo's A-to-Zoo. The Wii versions will include special remote covers of Cookie Monster and Elmo, respectively. The covers will cover some of the remote buttons (presumably so kids don't accidently hit the buttons that take them to the wii menu).

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2010/060710.shtml

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah for new Sesame Street video games! Sounds cool.:insatiable:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I honestly don't think they'll be that special, but I think I'll at least give the Cookie Monster game a chance.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From the images I see online, they don't really look like much more than expensive versions of games you could play on SS.org. I kinda expected a little more, like CGI, not Flash animation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... this is the first Sesame Street console game since maybe Sesame Street Sports, or that one with Elmo. Not that I'd bother with it even if I had a Wii... but that's a pretty long time. All the way back with N64!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
From the images I see online, they don't really look like much more than expensive versions of games you could play on SS.org. I kinda expected a little more, like CGI, not Flash animation.
I never really thought about that.

Gerbert

Reaction score
WOAH! I actually thought this Would be A 3D CGI Type Game. But I'm not Wasting My money On a Game that's Just cartoony. >_>

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
The covers will cover some of the remote buttons (presumably so kids don't accidently hit the buttons that take them to the wii menu).l
Well, on the promo image of the covers, the covers cover basically everything BUT the Home button, and the + & - buttons, and the 2 button. If they are really going to have only two buttons to play with (possibly plus nunchuck, and motion), these games will suck. While we're at it, the DS versions will each come with a "Jumbo" clickable stylus with a drawn image of either Elmo or CM. Also, I've been going through old threads, and what was the deal with "Janice & Mokey's Man" not being able to say the letter "C"?

EDIT: Know what? It will suck either way... I swear, nowadays, Elmo ruins everything

Drtooth

Reaction score
EDIT: Know what? It will suck either way... I swear, nowadays, Elmo ruins everything
You know that you're completely out of the game's key demographic, right? This is made for little kids who keep messing with their older sibling's game machines so they can kinda learn stuff and practice essentials.

There's no call for older audience Sesame Street games, and I don't think anyone would buy such a thing. Sure, if they had a SS Trivia PC game or something, that would be different. But this is for the wee ones. After all, how many Dora games have their been in recent years? There's a market for little kids, you know.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
You know that you're completely out of the game's key demographic, right? This is made for little kids who keep messing with their older sibling's game machines so they can kinda learn stuff and practice essentials.
I know, but for the adults & older kids who have to watch their kids/younger siblings while they play the game, there should be something to remind them of the SST of their time, But what I truly meant, was, everything now focuses on Elmo. Now, I understand kids love Elmo, but I bet they enjoy :wisdom:, I bet they enjoy :stick_out_tongue::frown:, I bet they enjoy Telly, Oscar, Prairie Dawn, The Honkers, The Yip-Yips (if they still appear), etc. My point is, Sesame Workshop, you have a vast variety of characters, use more than Elmo.
EDIT: And Abby, and etc.