Sesame Street: Friends to the Rescue DVD

Erine81981

Reaction score
I read on the back of the DVD that its the Hurriacane episode.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok guys Here is a review of the DVD.

Sesame Streets: Friends to the Rescue DVD

With all SS DVDs that have been coming out being that they are all re-releases of old videos this one is a new DVD. Its one of the episodes that were slighty edited. I can't remember the episodes in every detail to tell you what was edited out but I can tell you that Kermits spot is still in the segment. Its cool to see Steve doing Kermit in his reporter getup and Al Roker helping out him out too. The inbetween segments weren't inclueded in this DVD. They had made little animation bits about the episodes in-between that would black out and go to some skit that would of been in the place of the animation. I hope everyone will want to buy it not just because Kermit in it but because its one of the season episode that ran after the "Biography of Jim Henson they had done a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it and so will anyone else who enjoyed the Hurricane episode. Go to your local Walmart or Target or any video store and buy it. You'll love it.

AAO

Reaction score
I've taped the entire "Hurricane" series back from 2001...I also have the full television biography of "Biography: Sesame Street"...with Harry Smith. It's great!!!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this video. I hadn't seen the "Hurricane" episodes before now and I totally loved seeing Kermit back on Sesame Street!!! That was awesome! :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
They re-aired the Hurricane Series a week or 2 ago...it's in another thread on here somewhere...anyway, I watched it and it was the old Sesame Street format...I was wondering...on the DVD how do they switch from day to day on Sesame Street? Was there any "segments" like number of the day and such?? Just curious...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I hope everyone will want to buy it not just because Kermit in it but because its one of the season episode that ran after the "Biography of Jim Henson they had done a couple of years ago.
Actually, the biography was about Sesame Street. Also, are you saying that you hope people buy it because it ran after the biography of Sesame Street? That reason sounds just as frivolous as buying it just because of Kermit being in it. Also, these episodes were produced after The Jim Henson Company had sold their rights to Sesame Street, so this was one of Kermits few new appearances on Sesame Street.

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:
They re-aired the Hurricane Series a week or 2 ago...it's in another thread on here somewhere...anyway, I watched it and it was the old Sesame Street format...I was wondering...on the DVD how do they switch from day to day on Sesame Street? Was there any "segments" like number of the day and such?? Just curious...
Basically, it was just a bunch of the on the street scenes edited together with little animation transitions between. Many of the scenes from the original episodes were cut out for the DVD though. There were no number/letter of the day or any other sketches from the originally aired episodes, just the hurrican street scenes. Hope this helps.

AAO

Reaction score
Yeah it did !Thanks! I taped the entire week of show's when they all aired...I hadn't done that in YEARS!!! On account I got older so...I quit watching the show around the time Elmo's popularity grew so much...That's why, I think, I didn't like the character for soooooo long..Although I did appreciate Kevin Clash for "other" elmo characters like Hoots the Owl - a favorite. The Hurricane Series original airing was good - still in old format....I think I'll buy the DVD and keep the taped set just to see what and all they cut...