Sesame Street films

SesameMike

Reaction score
Monkey film

Wasn't there a monkey film that showed a simian swinging on a jungle gym to a piano soundtrack? I seem to recall that at the end, the monkey and the music came to a rest as applause sounded.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
film about air.

don't think i mentioned this 1. it to must be a real old one. a lady narrates it and you see parts such as kid with a pin wheel, a windmills in Holland, a glider plane, a kid flying a kite and this girl with a red balloon who accidently let's it go.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
trash film.

a 3 partner. the park attendant picks of all the trash, > a man pull out a newspaper and after reading it, throws it on the ground, > last, a little girl comes by, sees it on the ground and puts it back in the basket. > the music to it was really nice. wonder what kind of instrument was being played in it? i also wonder why after the 1st part was over they would go to something else and when the nest 2 were shown, nothing came in between them? the 3rd part came right after the 2nd part.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
film about carrying things.

i can never understnd some of the things they've done over the this film about carrying stuff is 1 of them. 1 part of it shows a girl carring a back pack wicth was too heavy and falls down. and the last part these 3 or 4 girls and 1 of them is being carried and is lying over her shoulder. wonder if she was alive?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememebr these films of kids in a marching band? they would march into probably NYC's Central Pk. and they'd make shapes. and i'm very sure these were the same kids where 1 of the girls yell out to the boys with the drums saying she wants them to bang the drums 2,3, or 4 times. in all those years of seeing these and even to this very day can't make out what she says exactly but says something like when i say blank and the other girls repeat after her she then says i want you to somthing whatever the number of times she wants them to bang the drums. other part they all count up to 20. but instead of just standing there and counting they move back and forth and bow as they were counting. > 1 thing wonder wonder about this film while all of these were probably done in 1 day, 1 wonder if it's possible that when these were 1st made they might of shown all of these in 1 SS episode? while i myself always saw each 1 of them in 1 different episodes and not in 1, you never knowbecause i do believe i've seen cartoons and films where they'll show them in 1 episode and later on brake them up.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
remember the film about making a table out of wood. starts out with a logging truck delviering logs to a saw mill. come to think of it, it was a work bench. there was a song that went with it and can't remember exactly how it went but at the end but 1 of the men singing at the end of the film says thanks a lot for the table tree.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Dolphin & rhino films.

remember these 2 ones ones? 1 had 3 diving together in slow motion and 4 i think would be standing up on the water 1 at a time andf them dive. the rhino film was where you see these 2 and some lady is sing a song that goes like me and you. that makes 2.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
hand films.

1 of them we saw on the SS reruns where a man's telling a story about a hand and is wanting to make a loud noise and found he couldn't do it with the help on another 1. that was when it was clapping with another hand. there were a few other such as the right hand who comes along with a feather and tickles the left hand. does it twice and the 3rd time it tries to do it again but the left hand scares him away and picks up the feather and wears it.) another was were the left hand is squeezing ping pong balls and without realizing it, the right hand give it an egg. well you figure what happens.)

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
1 of them we saw on the SS reruns where a man's telling a story about a hand and is wanting to make a loud noise and found he couldn't do it with the help on another 1. that was when it was clapping with another hand.
mikebennidict said:
rememeber this old film where the kids are in a city park looking at clouds and imagine what they look like. in thi 1 the clouds really look like a chicken, a bunny, etc. i get a feeling that wasn't done on location but more than less some kind of special affects or something. the last part was interesting with the sky being black and theese 2 scary cats as 1 of the kids said appeared. then the sky was the usual blue night time sky and it ends with 1 of them saying let's go home.
mikebennidict said:
rememebr this films about balls with the song the ball goes up. the ball goes down. the ball keeps going round and round? etc..
Yeah I remember the hand one real well. Starts with a voice saying, "There once was hand. Like most hands, it had a thumb and four fingers..." When the hand notices the other hand ( before they start clapping) the music was really neat.
The one with the clouds I don't remember all of, but the cats part I do. "A cat. TWO cats! Two scary cats." Pretty interesting music too. Almost on the spooky side.
The one about the ball, I'm not sure if this is the same one you have in mind, I really thought had very catchy circus like music. This is where we keep hearing the kid say ,"1,2,3" and the ball ends up as powder in the child's hand. A few years ago I saw this segment on SS but the ending has a girl eating an ice cream sundae. Not sure how long ago they remade the ending. But the same great music was throughout.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Yeah I remember the hand one real well. Starts with a voice saying, "There once was a hand. Like most hands, it had a thumb and four fingers..."
The hand could wave hello (waves), or it could wave good-bye (waves away from the camera). It could tell when things were OK (does the OK gesture, with last 3 fingers up). The hand also did the "come here" gesture with the index finger.

There was another story about a hand. This one was against a black background, and the hand may have been wearing a white latex glove. In the story, the fingers and the thumb disliked each other, so they stayed far apart. Until one day they find a toy top. First the thumb tries to spin it; no luck. Then the fingers try to spin; no dice. The thumb tries again, the fingers try again, "and before they knew it, they were working together!" Working as a team they got the top to spin. A music-box like soundtrack accompanied this while a man narrated.