Sesame Street films

mikebennidict

Reaction score
remember this film about the 3 black balls? actually there was 2 that i recall. 1 was where the 3 of them try to find their resting places. 1st the big ball tries to fit in the small balls hole, the medium 1 tries to fit into the big one's spot. then the small 1 goes into the medium size balls hole. eventually they find their places. durring the whole time the 3 make these wierd noises. >another film about the 3 balls is where the small one gets up from it's place and goes to this mirror and not only looks at reflection but i guess imagines being other things such as being a tennis ball and a pooltable ball and after that dosappears. the ball for some reason sounds distraught and quickly rushes back to it's hole with the other 2.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i never saw this 1 but on the hooperfan site in the section of where they have the 1971 publication about the show there was mention of a film company making a film about shopping at the supermarket where kids where simply buying food and in 1 part of the film they showed them picking out food in fast motion and it had the sound of race cars to accompany it as the kids were racing with the carts.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememeber the animal film where the the 2 animals, can't rememebr what they were. think they were rhrinos, just stairing at each other and Joe Raposo sings a song called i'm in love with you? what was so funny is when the one at the left ran away after the song ended.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememeber the deep sea diver films where he goes down and picks up sea shells, another has him going over under, through and around stuff and another where he looks into the camera and a says boo! anfd he swims away? i wonder if that was the same guy you did those deep sea diver films for the Electric Company? i mention 1 of them. where he comes out of the sea with some words. can't rememeber what they were but the last one was shark and the diver runs away. > and the film with the H,O, and R being pulled up the building. up untill the SS and EC reruns on noggin, i thought this was also a SS film but it was a n EC film where the men have the letter on the roof and they're trying to hang on the sign or letter holder you see on building that spell the word hotel. i can't help but think that was done by the same people who did the SS film at the same location, they filmed the letter H,O, and R going up and then went up to the roof of the building across the street and film the men putting up the letters for the word HOTEL. of course there's no R in hotel but seeing that film on TEC reruns on Noggin there was more letters the men weregoing to put up witch they didnt show. very interesting isn't it?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
this actually started out with Gordon about to go for a bike ride and asking if we'd like to come along and this film was shown of him riding around N.Y.C. and he's waving to everyone he meets. and while that's not strange, it's almost as if all those people expected him to come by so they were obviously ready for him. the music that was played with the film was good as well. of course years later they would just show the film of Gordon bike riding.
I recall a simular film from later years.The beginning of it was videotaped in the SS set,where Gordon was about to go jogging and invited us to come along.From there we see Gordon in a film jogging through all different areas of the city.The instramental music played throughout the film,was the classic Chariots Of Fire theme.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
other films that i liked where those 2 slow motion films with that 1 kid. > 1 shows him watching the football game and see the slow montion replay and wonders what everything would be like in slow motion. there was another such film with the same boy and he was out in the snow. somebody either threw a snowball at him. for some reason that bothered me when i was small.

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
remember this film about the 3 black balls? actually there was 2 that i recall. 1 was where the 3 of them try to find their resting places. 1st the big ball tries to fit in the small balls hole, the medium 1 tries to fit into the big one's spot. then the small 1 goes into the medium size balls hole. eventually they find their places. durring the whole time the 3 make these wierd noises. >another film about the 3 balls is where the small one gets up from it's place and goes to this mirror and not only looks at reflection but i guess imagines being other things such as being a tennis ball and a pooltable ball and after that dosappears. the ball for some reason sounds distraught and quickly rushes back to it's hole with the other 2.
I remember the films with the balls! I had completely forgotten about them until I read your post!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
do you remember the 2nd film a little bit better. i think it also showed a baseball game as well.

Reaction score
I remember all of it.....some of it is alittle vague, but I do know exactly what you are talking about. I remember the baseball game. I remember the little silly sounds the balls made and I remember the ball looking in the mirror. In my mind it's run together like one big skit, but I definately know what you are talking about. I always thought it was really cute.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
many of us rememeber the running film and Raposo singing run run everybody run. how about this other running film witch has flute playing through it. it starts out with a aferican person running through a field and what looks like baseball players running towards the camera and several other clip were people are running. > also rememebr the 1 about bridges? a lady says, sometimes when you want to get somewhere, you need a bridge. and they show all of theese bridges and towards the end she says, and some bridges are very very beautiful.
another one witch was a running and jumping film witch starts out with 3 men running and then jumping over a rock and others also doing the same. the last part is where a athleete jumps over a net, the camera faces the net from below therefore you can only see him flying over the net without him jump from and landing on the ground. i always found this interesting as a kid. i wonder who was this guy anyhow?