Sesame Street films

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i don't know what this film was about but it's another 1 i hadn't seen since the 70s. this funny sounding jazz music is playing, could of been a saxaphone and if it was it sounded funny. the camera zooms in towards the window of some store and it might of been a music store. this girl and her mom are press some what looks like buttons on this panel. it might of not been a music store i don't know and this is all i can remember so i'm sorry if this isn't enough.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Do you remember one with a wheel rolling for a long time? I think it was a bicycle wheel. It was rolling by itself (down stairs, across sidewalks,etc.) with music in the backround. Seemed like there was a guy narrating a little bit with words like, "round" or "around". Probably supposed to be a lesson on round and by showing a wheel on the loose that keeps going for a long time through a park or something, it would keep the kids' attention all the more (as the makers of SS were masters at).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
only such film i recall was a wheel that looked like a bicycle wheel witch did role around and ened up where to kids had this wagon and perhaps 1 of the wheels broke and it just so happened this 1 we saw rolling just ended up nearby so the boy brought it over and the girls put it on. the music that went along with this film sounded like the music that went with the one where the kids on the beach where building a road and we saw real road builders as well.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Today I thought of one that I haven't thought of for a long time. The one with the guy paddling through the river in that kayak. And he repeatedly did loops under the water. This one seemed to be replayed quite often on SS. I always enjoyed the music (although rather repetitive) in this one too. It was also something brand new to me back then and thus surprised and amazed me that a guy kept flipping the boat. Really cool how SS really showed kids a lot of things in the world and not just taught about basic math, reading, and spelling.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't know if I mentioned this one but it was with a baker. can't really remember the whole film but but he draws stuff, including an oven and a cake and perhaps stuff. well the only other parts i can remember is he puts the cake in and draws a door and some kids who looked older come in and he takes the cake out and it has candles on it, obviously it's the bakers birthday. matter if fact he might of just drawn the birthday cake and not baked it. just can't remember it all that well the film probably goes back to the early days.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That baker one is not coming to mind. How about one where an ice skater does a figure 8? I remember it leaving an 8 in the ice and she says, "eight" at the end. Don't remember much else, but I don't think too much else happened. She probably just said "eight" at the beginning (or, "I'm going to make an eight") and then did the figure 8. Wonder if she was a professional figure skater.

letterman

Reaction score
Way back on the first page of this thread, mikebennidict mentioned the film of the Latino kids playing and having refreshments. I remeber those snow cones looking very tempting!!

OK, how about this one...

In the very early seasons was a film showing a boy and girl playing or walking around a creek in the country. The kids were probably about 6 or 7 years old. It may have been a winter scene. I think they had coats on, and the girl wore red tights. I recall this one especially because it is probably my earliest memory of being attracted to a girl. I was too young to even understand what I was feeling, but I simply dug that girl!

Ziffel

Reaction score
There was a "beginning and end" one with a man who says, "Beginning" and then starts eating a hotdog. Music plays until he finishes it and says, "End." I don't think he ate it fast nor that they sped up the film. Well, actually I would say that it was eaten slightly faster than normal average time to eat a hotdog. Anyone remember or could tell where he was eating this? It was outside somewhere. Perhaps simply a park or street where a hot dog vendor was, but maybe with the circus like music playing it was at a circus. Seems like there were other things around him on the screen.
Anyway, it was just a simple sketch. Far more enjoyable was the one with the guy taking off his clown makeup to show his everyday face ("This is my everyday face. Whcih do you like better? [Camera shows clown face]. Me too.") but that one I've seen brought up several times before in other threads. Love that classic music during the clown one too. It's been played in a lot more things than just SS.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the film was sped up and there where 3 others, kids waiting to get into a movie theater, a kid getting his hair cut, and an artist painting a fountain. would of loved to have seen them run the hot dog film backwards.