Sesame Street Fever vs. Happiest Street in the World

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The two Sesame Street disco albums have songs that seem to be their theme for the album. Sesame Fever has the self-titled Sesame Street Fever....

And Sesame Disco has The Happiest Street in the World....

Though in the latters case, The Happiest Street in the World is not the opening song, but it feels like it should have been (though the actual opening song, What Makes Music, is also a worthy opening song, might need to make another "vs" thread on this subject soon). It's such a great song, feels like it could have been the opener, and gets a short reprise at the end which makes me associate that as the "main song" of the album.

I like The Happiest Street in the World better. I've been listening to that one a lot more (of course I do prefer Sesame Disco a little more than the Sesame Street Fever album, but that's a discussion for another possible thread). It is such a catchy song. I actually feel like it could have been a replacement theme song for the usual theme. It also sounds like it'd be great if it was included in a Sesame Street Live show (and I think I've read that it has) or a Sesame Place promo. In fact, I also think it should have been performed in Follow That Bird (even if they replaced the disco music with a different genre; hey, it wouldn't be the first song to have a different-genre remake of an existing tune), at either the beginning or end of the movie (it's a shame that the movie doesn't have any big musicial numbers taking place on the street).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I prefer "Happiest Street in the World." I think the entire Sesame Disco album is better than Sesame Street Fever.