Sesame Street episodes

Your favorite type of Sesame Street episode?

• 1969-1992

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 1993- right now

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Well, yesterday, I had a very crazy idea that would go on for almost 5,000 or 4,000 days: watching every single episode of Sesame Street, one for each day. Alright, then I tried that. I watched episode 1 yesterday...... Nothing new to that one I've seen a million times. Anyway, the next day came. I was looking for episode 2. Couldn't find episode 2 in my house, or on YouTube. So, to help continue my 5,000 day journey, could anyone help me find episode 2, 3, 4, 5, or for that matter, any episode up to episode 4,000?? Can anybody help? If you can, thank you so much!!

liss1979

Reaction score
I second that emotion! It is gonna be hard to find all those episodes!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, yesterday, I had a very crazy idea that would go on for almost 5,000 or 4,000 days: watching every single episode of Sesame Street, one for each day. Alright, then I tried that. I watched episode 1 yesterday...... Nothing new to that one I've seen a million times. Anyway, the next day came. I was looking for episode 2. Couldn't find episode 2 in my house, or on YouTube. So, to help continue my 5,000 day journey, could anyone help me find episode 2, 3, 4, 5, or for that matter, any episode up to episode 4,000?? Can anybody help? If you can, thank you so much!!

That's nigh impossible.

And if anyone tried that, you'd get fatigued very, very quickly with all the repeated material, especially during the first season.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Whether you skip the repeated parts or not, how are you even gonna make time to watch all of those episodes? Plus, many episodes are nowhere to be seen except in Sesame Workshop's archive! No offense, but as far as it goes now, a good majority of episodes are rare and hard to find and it's incredibly unlikely that you'll be able to have them all at once right now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back around 10-12 years ago, a lot of requests started popping up like this. When Noggin was showing a number of Unpaved episodes, some people thought it would be easy to round up all 4,000+ episodes in one big set (back when VHS cassettes were still the common format before DVDs, with 6 episodes per tape, you're still looking at 700 tapes and then some!). Got room?

Even if you had every single episode, one episode a day X 4,000 means you're gonna be committed for at least the next ten years.

There have been countless requests by fans to get certain clips (let alone whole episodes) released, but grants from Sesame Workshop come few and far between.
There was a steady stream on Sesame.org about 5 years ago, where they released a number of classic clips. Now the stream has just about dried up.
Not to say you can't request, but don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Back around 10-12 years ago, a lot of requests started popping up like this. When Noggin was showing a number of Unpaved episodes, some people thought it would be easy to round up all 4,000+ episodes in one big set (back when VHS cassettes were still the common format before DVDs, with 6 episodes per tape, you're still looking at 700 tapes and then some!). Got room?

Even if you had every single episode, one episode a day X 4,000 means you're gonna be committed for at least the next ten years.

There have been countless requests by fans to get certain clips (let alone whole episodes) released, but grants from Sesame Workshop come few and far between.
There was a steady stream on Sesame.org about 5 years ago, where they released a number of classic clips. Now the stream has just about dried up.
Not to say you can't request, but don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.
Well put.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Okay, so I get I would not be able to get 4,000+ episodes, so I'll take any episodes that anyone can find with Don Music, Kermit, Ernie and Bert,( episodes where most of the segments or the street story revolve around them) or Roosevelt Franklin. ( P.S Does anybody know where I can find the whole episode of Goodbye, Mr. Hooper?)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'll take any episodes as long as they are from Sprout, PBS, or Noggin. I only want Seasons 30-35 but what I am really looking for is Season 30.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
( P.S Does anybody know where I can find the whole episode of Goodbye, Mr. Hooper?)
Are we talking PBS or Noggin? I ask because it's very unlikely that anyone besides Sesame Workshop themselves have the PBS version.