Sesame Street Episode 4635 ("Snazzy Society") missing from HBO's schedule

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm not seeing #4635 on HBO's schedule, even though the HBO Kids site and SS.org both say it's airing next Saturday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not seeing #4635 on HBO's schedule, even though the HBO Kids site and SS.org both say it's airing next Saturday.
Oddly, zap2it's listing gave this episode a "finale" tag.

ssetta

Reaction score
I know the season finale, 4635, was supposed to air this Saturday, but HBO doesn't have it listed anywhere on the schedule. Is there a reason why it was cancelled?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is there anything specifically special about this episode? The Muppet Wiki listing says it's a rerun of an older episode, but it sounds like the Smart Cookies segment was new.

Maybe they just decided to wait and use this episode as filler for next season?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Looking at HBO's schedule, it doesn't look like the episode is airing at all this month or next month. I wonder what happened. Maybe they've moved the episode to next season instead?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm thinking either that or far less likely it's a PBS exclusive episode. Other than what looks to be a new Smart Cookies segment, I don't think we're missing much.

This is an important episode considering the subject matter (even though it could have been handled a whole lot better), but it already aired a couple seasons back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh wait, this is that episode about Segi becoming offended by her new storybook saying that brown isn't snazzy, isn't it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah.

I like what they were trying to do with that one, but they botched the whole message with a stupid concept. She gets upset because he likes some neon colored teddy bear instead of a plain brown bear? They couldn't find a better way to get the message across? I really like what they did with "Mi Amigita Rosita," actually talking about racism and stereotypes. Here they tried to make it too ambiguous.