1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Thijs, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Pino

Pino Member

Hi.. did u c toughpigs yet.. There is a new chapter about the three little pigs and in it features...... a green Wolf???
    Well maybe you can put him also in the encyclopedia. We have now three different big bd wolfs... The blue, green and purple one! How many here there?:smirk:
  2. Thijs

Thijs Member

It wasn't me who mentioned it, but...thanks for the info. I'll add it to his family facts.

Thijs
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Of course he (probably) has another Cousin called simply "Cousin Bear" who is afraid of Shadows...
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er what, Drtooth? Is that another confirmed SS character to be added to the compilation? Or are you thinking of Scare Bear from Hannah-Barbera? Please respond with a little more descriptive info to know whether or not this is in fact one more for the list. Thanks for your help and have a good day.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This episode he is called cousin bear. I've seen it a few times, but I don't have too much of a good description other than the fact he looks like baby bear, but he is smaller...
  6. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Here are quite a few bio's of these lost characters:

LULU

Seasons: 31-33
    Years: 2000-02
    Lives: Sesame Street
    Performers: Stephanie D'Abazzo
    Description: Lulu is an Anything Muppet monster. When she first appeared on Sesame Street in Season 31, she is light-blue colored and had light yellow hair. Then, in Season 32, she is purple and had light purple hair on top. In Season 33, she still is purple and had light blue hair on top. She is a good friend to Elmo, Zoe and Rosita.

PAT PLAYJACKS

Seasons: 18
    Years: 1987
    Performers: Jim Henson
    Description: Obvious host of 'Squeal of Fortune'.

THE 'F' CHEERLEADERS

Seasons: 1
    Years: 1969
    Performers: Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Carroll Spinney
    Description: These Anything Muppets (the pointy green headed man, the round-headed blue man, the tall orange man with a few yellow and long hairs, and the purple man that looked like Roosevelt Franklin) that cheer for the letter 'F'.

Hope these would work...the classic 'F' cheerleading sketch from 1969 can be shown on the Season 31 episodes on Noggin.
  7. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Actually, in Lulu's last year, Season 33, her hair was more spiky. You may wanna put that in there.
  8. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Does any one have an image of Lulu ?

Id like her most recent look, But if you can get the older looks it would be nice to show them off too.

Thanks
  9. mikealan

mikealan New Member

I think we need the pic and bio of Ernie's baby cousin, Ernestine on our Sesame Street Encyclopedia site. We see it on the files page of scarecroe.com when we talked about her on our "Baby Ernestine" thread.
  10. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Have you also entered these obscure Muppets:

The Salesman
    Forgetful Jones
    Sam Sound Brown
  11. Thijs

Thijs Member

if you take a look at the site, youll see forgetful is on it. and you think he is obscure?? hmm...
    who are the other ones you named? i dont remember them
  12. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

The Salesman was voiced by Frank Oz, and he was the whispery Anything Muppet who wore a black hat and trenchcoat. He was on in the early 1970's and asked Ernie once: "Would you like to buy an O?"

Same Sound Brown was voiced by Northern Calloway, aka David, and was a purplish Anything Muppet with a curly hair. He was kinda like Roosevelt Franklin, only crazier and wackier. He appeared in the mid 70's.
  13. Thijs

Thijs Member

o, you mean Lefty. He is on the site, take a look. And now I remember Same Sound Brown. He is in Roosevelt's classroom.
  14. The Count

Was Same Sound Brown the Muppet who appeared with a tall orange cylinder headed AM that talked about imagining shapes? This was a sketch where first they pictured circles, the orange man AM pictured a perfect circle and then the other Muppet imagined circles all around him in a crazy pattern. They then moved on to triangles and the wild Muppet imagined the triangle as a guitar. And finally the orange man AM asked the other Muppet if he knew what a square was, to which the other Muppet replied: "I know who a square is!" and then a square appeared around the orange man AM's face and the other Muppet said that he needed his triangle guitar back and started playing crazy music. Again, would this other Muppet be Same Sound Brown? Thanks for the help and have a good night.
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

You're not thinking of Simon the Soundman, are you?
  16. The Count

ssetta, are you talking to me? If so, then no, I'm not talking about Simon the Sounds Man. The sketch in question featured two different AM Muppets; one was an AM with an orange cylinder head, and the other Muppet had this kind of African-American voice to him. The sketch's quite old from like the 70's I'd say. Like I said above, they're trying to use their imagination to teach different shapes. First it's circles; with the orange AM picturing a perfect circle and the other guy thinks up a swirl of different circles; then it's the triangl where the orange AM thinks of a perfect triangle and the other guy imagines lots of different triangles and turns one into a guitar; and finally it's the square where the other guy pictures a square around the orange AM's head and asks for his guitar back. Would this be Same Sound Brown featured in that sketch I'm mentioning? Thanks for your help and have a good day.
  17. Thijs

Thijs Member

We have 20,000 visitors so far! That means 10,000 in one month! Thanks all of you who helped us making the site.

Updates:
    Alladin
    The Genie
    Leonard Wolf
    The Big Bad Wolf
    Elizabeth
    Mama Bear
    Papa Bear
    and more! take a look

greets Thijs and BlueFrackle
  18. Pino

Pino Member

Tommie.. what about the green, purple, blue and pink wolf? or the pigs and little red ridinghood?
    or are u on top off that?
    Greetings from Spain (this time):p
  19. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I don't recall those muppets having names. Well, not in the skit you're talking about with imagining shapes.
  20. The Count

OK then, in that case...
    Please describe what Same Sound Brown looks like. And remember to include as many details as possible: i.e., hair color, hair style, eye color, eyelid color, nose color and shape if applicable, skin color, wardrobe as to what pieces of clothing he wore, what coloring each of the pieces of clothing he wore were, and any other pertinent detail. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Oh, and here's another question. Just saw the episode from Season 34 where Elmo's looking for a fish-sitter for Dorothy so that he can go to the ball game with Gordon. The point is that there's a sketch where Humphrey and Ingrid hire Fran Dresser (pardon my misspelling) as their family's nanny. Would this then qualify her to be included as part of their family, and thus part of the Sesame Street family?
    Again, thanks for your help and have a good day.