Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Well, you can always go into the site and check out which characters still don't have an active bio of their own and choose which ones you'd like to contribute a bio for. Besides, this is a collaborative effort so don't worry if someone's already done a bio of a character that you'd like to create yourself. After all, the bio for Guy Smiley that I sent to the site isn't fully complete. And the more facts about one character that other people send to the website, the more complete that character's bio becomes providing that better a resource.
well, should I say more...:sympathy:

as you can see Elmo's bio is online, but has only a few lines. I have the feeling there is more to say about this fella....

Drtooth

Reaction score
In case anyone wants to know, I gave them pictures of the ZAizzy Zoomers, Roscoe the Grouch (a character from this season), Mr. Between, Lefty, the Elephant amoung others.

Does anyone have the Sesame Alphabet Singles? (that's where I got Lefty and Zizzys) If so, can anyone check to see what characters are on what? Maybe a pic of Sammy the Snake is on it.

And BTW, about Sammy the Snake... there were two puppets of him (I forget the differences) so will you need two pics of him?

And will Manah Manah be under Bip Boppadotta (I meant to ask that before I left last week), or Mahnah Manah, since he was under both names (they just changed the puppet slightly, and gave him different names).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Answers and Questions for Drtooth.

1 What character named "The Elephant" are you refering to? What sketch or song was this character in? Please provide a description for me, cause I might just include it in my Muppet Listings.
2 What do you mean by the Sesame Alphabet Singles? Are these individual records or albums with specific songs? What more can you tell us about these releases?
3 There was the mention that the SS Muppet who looks like Mahna Mahna would be added but under his second name or alias, Bip Bippadotta. Just look through the previous posts in this thread.
4 There are actually three different SS characters named Sammy the Snake.
a. The first Sammy the Snake sang the song "The Sound of the Letter S". This one looked like a tubular snake made up of violet and green rings with a violet egg-shaped head and pinkish forked tongue.
b. The second Sammy the Snake sang the song "Hello Sammy" with Carol Chandling and the S-Girls. This character was at least voiced, if not performed, by Jim Henson. It was a diamondback snake with dark yellow skin, orange and yellow diamond pattern on his back, and one bushy eyebrow above his eyes sitting atop his head.
c. The third Sammy the Snake was a dusty brown rattlesnake who appeared in a sketch with Ernie where they taught emotions. Sammy replied that when he got angry, he shook his rattle, which scared Ernie to the point that he bolted out of the sketch leaving the rattler seen on the wall mount or ledge as the camera panned away.
Hope this helps.

Thijs

Reaction score

1 What character named "The Elephant" are you refering to? What sketch or song was this character in? Please provide a description for me, cause I might just include it in my Muppet Listings.
2 What do you mean by the Sesame Alphabet Singles? Are these individual records or albums with specific songs? What more can you tell us about these releases?
3 There was the mention that the SS Muppet who looks like Mahna Mahna would be added but under his second name or alias, Bip Bippadotta. Just look through the previous posts in this thread.
4 There are actually three different SS characters named Sammy the Snake.
a. The first Sammy the Snake sang the song "The Sound of the Letter S". This one looked like a tubular snake made up of violet and green rings with a violet egg-shaped head and pinkish forked tongue.
b. The second Sammy the Snake sang the song "Hello Sammy" with Carol Chandling and the S-Girls. This character was at least voiced, if not performed, by Jim Henson. It was a diamondback snake with dark yellow skin, orange and yellow diamond pattern on his back, and one bushy eyebrow above his eyes sitting atop his head.
c. The third Sammy the Snake was a dusty brown rattlesnake who appeared in a sketch with Ernie where they taught emotions. Sammy replied that when he got angry, he shook his rattle, which scared Ernie to the point that he bolted out of the sketch leaving the rattler seen on the wall mount or ledge as the camera panned away.
Hope this helps.
1 Simple. It's a grey elephant (a beautiful puppet, it looks almost real), on one of the pics wearing a hat.

Drtooth

Reaction score

1) Well, It's hard to explain. When you go to the site, look under E, and click on the Elephant (if someone can help you with that) Anyway, there was a semi realistic Elephant used once Sesame Street went around the block (including the Furry Arm Hotel) and there has been one ever since. There was The Elephant elevator oporator, Mr. On-top-of (used in the Mr. Between skit, seen on the Sing yourself sillier at the movies video) Actually, he pops up quite a bit on the new season, especially in Monster Clubhouse when he runs around chasing the monsters!

2) This was basically the Alphabet album chopped up into four song records (the last few of the series had but three songs) and the covers of each feature the Muppet (who sang the song) holding the letter (i.e. Ernie and Lefty help an O, The Zizzy Zoomers were on the letter Z, etc.). The pictures were seperated into 4 (or three) squares and a little side bar had all this copywrite material on it, and Purchase of this album... blah blah blah, prfits would go to CTW, you know... I have the MNOP and XYZ singles!

3) That is confusing, though. I understand the idea behind it. But in the Bio, they should put him as Bip Bopidotta (alias Manah Manah).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Addendum

The Sesame Alphabet singles are rare. As they are records, they are impossible to find these days. I'm not surprised you have never heard of them. Of course, someon on the site has to have access to one of them, as the Professor Hastings picture comes from the U V W single.

There is
A B C D

E F G H

I J K L

M N O P (I have this one)

Q R S T

U V W

X Y Z (have this one too!)

and they are the same songs as on the Alphabet album.

Can anyone confirm this? H has a picture of Harvey Kneeslapper (?)

K and T have Herbert Birdsfoot (?)

S has Sammy the Snake (?)

I haven't seen the others. I think I won them at a carnival or something when I was REALLY young.....

Thijs

Reaction score
I am very interested in that Alphabet Singles. I'll post a new thread about it.

But now, to the point:

UPDATE:

Characters added:

Biff
Mr. Between
Dinger
The Elephant
Grannie Fanny Nesselrode
How Now Brown Cow
Grandma Happy

I 'fixed' (read: removed mistakes and things) all the bio's from A to K. I added all the bio's from A to K, except the characters I don't know a thing about. Some bio's are still to short. If you guys can help me out that would be great.

Pino

Reaction score
hI Tommie,
Trough Kazaa I´m downloading a lot of sesamestreet songs.. I have arround 150 song and there ar e a lot alphabet songs in it!
So I you like them ( I want some more because I dont have them all) I´ll send you a cd with them when I´m ready!
And if someone hase some mp3 songs in winzip for me.. they can mail me:excited:

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pino
hI Tommie,
Trough Kazaa I´m downloading a lot of sesamestreet songs.. I have arround 150 song and there ar e a lot alphabet songs in it!
So I you like them ( I want some more because I dont have them all) I´ll send you a cd with them when I´m ready!
And if someone hase some mp3 songs in winzip for me.. they can mail me:excited:
of course I am personaly interested in Sesame Street songs. Cool! I would like to buy them.
But for the site we need the pictures of that singles, because there are some rare characters on the singles (check out our site (Lefty for instance))

MuppetDude

Reaction score
To Drtooth:

I don't have the albums, but I once seen them on eBay. "K" and "T" do have Herbert on them, and "T" also has Tom Tattertall Tuttletutt (I think), in case anyone finds his pic and wants to add him to the site.

And S does feature Sammy slithered around a large red "S".

Also, "G" has George.