1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 16th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas
    The Muppets show how "the most unfriendly street in town" transformed into Sesame Street in this new, one-hour Christmas special.

4. Christmas Shopping
    Get great deals and go Christmas shopping for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

5. The Muppets Open Macy's Parade
    On Thanksgiving morning, the Muppets kicked off the 90th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Let us know your thoughts on this anticipated appearance.

Sesame Street Character Voice Comparisons

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Canadian Fan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Ah yes! That's one, one Jerry, ah, ah,ah!

(Thunder rolls and lightning in background)

You're so right, FrackleFan! I really grew up with the Count and I really adore his personally that Jerry created. I used to laugh when he just wouldn't stop counting. But, he is the Count, because he loves to Count.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  2. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Active Member

Don't forget the voice comparison for the Two-Headed Monster. They were originally performed by Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt (1970's-1992) and then it was Jerry Nelson and David Rudman (1992-2001) and now Joseph Mazarrio and David Rudman (2001-present) I loved the Two-Headed Monster.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  3. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

I think the Count's and Elmo's Voice Comparisons need to be updated, because of Matt Vogel and Ryan Dillon taking over The Count and Elmo, respectively.

4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I agree with that.

5. BuddyBoy600alt

BuddyBoy600alt Active Member

Yup, Matt Vogel is doing Count Von Count right now:

muppetfan24/7 likes this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

The person who was putting the voice comparisons hasn't put anything up in over three years. In that time,Ryan Dillon has taken over Elmo,Matt Vogel is The Count, we've heard Eric Jacobson's Oscar; Zoe,Prairie Dawn,Mr. Johnson and Ernie have all been taken over by different performers.

We also don't have videos for other characters that were recast such as Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Two Headed Monster,Link Hogthrob,Robin the Frog, Pops,etc.
    I think it's time we make more of these videos.

Ethan Menaker likes this.
  7. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Active Member

Of course before all that I read that in it's debut the Two-Headed Monster
    was performed by Richard Hunt and Peter Friedman

8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I agree. They really should continue with those or someone should post some new ones. It's definitely time for an update there.

9. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

The person who did the comparison voice I think basically quit altogether since he hasn't posted anything new since 2010 maybe.

10. Ethan Menaker

Ethan Menaker New Member

I just messaged the person. Doubt they will reply though. Does anyone want to make a new series of videos that are updated?

11. Pig's Laundry

Well it definitely won't be me, I don't have the editing tools or skills to make them.

12. MuppetSpot

I would try to make one of Ernie when I have some time.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I was just thinking about the fact that Billy isn't included in the Ernie voice comparison, so I'd like to hear some more comments on that one. Kee hee hee hee!

14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A while back ToughPigs was at a ToyFair( Toy Fair 2010 to be exact) and mentioned there was a selection of read-a-long CD's with cheap sound-a-like voice actors (punctuated with a joke about Abby's "smoker's cough"). Now, I've never seen or heard anything about these since that article, and I'm to assume these never quite made it to shelves or just were impossible to find. I'm intrigued if anyone actually got their hands on a copy and can rip the audio and post it here to to youtube. That is, if they were released.

15. Pig's Laundry

I'm really curious about what Rosita and Cookie Monster sound like. Rosita's voice seems like it would be pretty hard to imitate as it's fairly close to Carmen's actual voice.

16. Jared DiCarlo

Jared DiCarlo New Member

I don't know why, but something about Matt's voice for The Count really bothers me. I guess Jerry's voice has been permanently ingrained in my mind that I can't imagine someone else doing it.

17. Drtooth

The whole thing just raises questions for me. We're they that cheap they'd have to record soundalikes? Though, frankly, it wouldn't have been the first time as older book and recordings couldn't get in all the performers to do their respective voices, for example...

they had Fran and Carol on hand, Frank, Jerry, and Jim? Not so much. Of course the narrator isn't really trying all that hard to sound like Frank or Jerry's characters here.

Then there's the question of where these released? I've never heard or seen of them since that TP report. I'd love to hear how bad the soundalikes are.

18. MuppetSpot

They did that in the 80's with the Super Grover golden book VHS with only Frank, Fran, & Carroll.

19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Those Golden Book VHSs often had performers missing. EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES had Caroll and Fran on hand for Big Bird and Little Bird, but since they didn't have Loretta Long, Susan is renamed Mrs. Washington. Likewise, BIG BIRD BRINGS SPRING TO SESAME STREET has Caroll, Frank, and Fran, and Maria is renamed Delores since they didn't have Sonia Manzano.

20. Drtooth

I swear there was either a Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock Book and recording that didn't have anyone and they just narrated the whole thing with one guy.

But I assume these are much different cases with these "lost" Child Guidance recordings, where they just didn't bother to get any of the original cast and just got sound-a-likes. I'm wondering if the fact they used unofficial sound a like actors was why these were hard to find, as they wouldn't seem quality. Sounds like that very well could be the case.

Off topic, there's a Muppet Babies recording that uses Maurice LaMarche as Baby Animal instead of either Dave Coulier or Howie Mandel. I should have put it up on Youtube before I lost Windows Movie Maker. Suffice to say he sounds a tiny bit like Dizzy Devil.