Sesame Street Books

paulyw

Reaction score
Does anybody have any Sesame Street Books? I have Oscar's Book, HOw TO Be A Grouch, Ernie Gets LOst, Don't Forget The Oatmeal, and my favorite, "Ernie's WOrk Of ARt, and since that is my favoirite, I am going to give you a summary about the story.

Ernie was starting to paint Sesame Street, Oscar was the first one to notice Ernie painting, but of course Oscar did not like the painting because it was to colorful.:grouchy: As Ernie was painting, Bert showed up, and Ernie was describing how different Sesame Street looked with diferent points of view, Oscar said the painting was YUCKY! Then the Count showed up said that he had a nive work of art. Oscar said it was digusting and went back into his trash can slammed the lid of his trash can with a "BANG!" Then one of the puppet girls showed up. (Not to sure of her name commened on the painting as Ernie was Painting it. The count was counting all the colors on the painting. Bert and the girl was asking him to add some colors of the painting. Ernie was just about done with the painting. Then Roosvelt Franklin and Big Bird showed up. THe girl yelled Big Bird to "Watch OUt!" because he was on a unicycle and did not watch out, and he went into a puddle on the ground, and crashed into everybody including Ernie'e Painting. All Big Bird said was "OOPS!" Ernie'e head poked rigt through the painting, Bert lost his bottle of soda, Franklin lost his ice cream cone, they all went flying, The commotion woke up Oscar and he yelled at everyone, Ernie looked at his painting which was ruined. Of course Oscar said it was FANTASTIC! IT had smeared paint all over it, a straw, an ice cream cone,(With ice cream smeared on it) one of Big Bird's feathers, and a piece of wood. Ernie ended up giving it to Oscar, and calling it "The Veiw From Oscar's Trash Can!"

Everyone was full of paint as well.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great thread idea!

I had a ton of Sesame Street Books growing up, many of them I still have. I had:

Ernie's Big Mess
Grover Goes to School
Bert and the Missing Mop Mix Up
My Doll is Lost
Ernie Gets Lost
Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
Sesame Street Visit to the Library
Sesame Street Visit to the Firehouse
Would You Like To Play Hide and Seek With Furry Loveable Grover?
Grover's Book of Resting Places (or something like that)
The Monster at the End of the Book
Oscar's Book
Big Bird Follows the Signs
A Bird's Best Friend

My favorites were Ernie's Big Mess, My Doll is Lost and Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum. They really made some cute books back in the day!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I had the entire Sesame Street Library set back in the 80s.. now I have only Grover at the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum and A Sesame Street Christmas

gonzofan13

Reaction score
I have I think its called Oscars book and How to be a grouch.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I used to have quite a collection of Sesame Books, most of which went missing. One of my favorite Sesame books I still own is Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I used to have a collection of Sesame Street books.
Now, I own the Sesame Street: A Celebration: 40 Years of Life on the Street book.