Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

Soul H

Reaction score
In What's my Part - Foot version, when Prof. Hastings wins by accident, he bumps into the foot (which is a human foot!) and you can see a puppeteers head.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Here's another

This is one of my favorites from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street":

The first Grover segment we see where he's talking to a kid about how Santa gets down the chimney:

Grover: "...how does he get down the chimney?"

Kid: "Easy!"

Grover: "WITH all the presents. The big brag of presents. All those presents, how?"

Kid: "He comes down with his WEINDEEWS!"

A big brag of presents? Oh well, filming with kids, you have to accept those little bloopers.:wink: And right after the kid replies, you can see Grover look at the camera as if to say "Okayyyy......."

And I hope I'm not muffining the thread, but is your signature from an old SS clip about H? If it is, can you tell me about it? Your signature (and Jellyman Kelly's) sound familiar, but I can't place where they were from.

Convincing John

Soul H

Reaction score
Another goof is in This is My J. When the lunch whistle blares off they all go to lunch causing the j to fall. When the j hits the ground during the crashing noise you can see the j spring back up then go back down.

ISNorden

Reaction score
"That's H...a soul H"

Convincing John said:
And I hope I'm not muffining the thread, but is your signature from an old SS clip about H? If it is, can you tell me about it? Your signature (and Jellyman Kelly's) sound familiar, but I can't place where they were from.
Convincing John
It's actually from a fairly recent song/animation, with a dark-skinned guitarist who wears the H on a gold chain around his neck. He sings about the letter's sound and a few relevant words, including "help" (which gets spelled out, unlike the rest). The song ends with the "soul H" reference; I confess that those lyrics still sound weird to me. :confused:

By the way, the same animator has done a similar cartoon about the letter A--using the same singer character, the same invisible background vocalists, and even the same melody.

ISNorden

Reaction score
rjschex said:
I remember *two* bloopers from the same film series:

The classic films, accompanied by kazoo and banjo music, in which neon letters are being raised to the roof of a building. (The three installations of this series are "H", "O", and "R".)

On one of them, a bus appears to be doing 80 or 90 miles an hour. (Time lapse.)

On another, a truck appears out of nowhere. (The background doesn't move or change; in the next frame, there appears this truck.)
Those are definitely "did you notice that?" moments, but the filmers didn't have THAT much control over the background action. Two things I always wondered about those films: First, why was the letter never named out loud as it usually is in letter clips? Second, what word were those letters going to spell (partially, of course)? If only I knew a fan who lived close to the filming site way back when... *sigh*

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
This is one of my favorites from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street":

The first Grover segment we see where he's talking to a kid about how Santa gets down the chimney:

Grover: "...how does he get down the chimney?"

Kid: "Easy!"

Grover: "WITH all the presents. The big brag of presents. All those presents, how?"

Kid: "He comes down with his WEINDEEWS!"

A big brag of presents? Oh well, filming with kids, you have to accept those little bloopers.:wink: And right after the kid replies, you can see Grover look at the camera as if to say "Okayyyy......."
Wow! I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

SesameMike

Reaction score
In one early episode that was shown on Noggin, near the beginning of the episode the camera points to the 1-2-3 doorstep as Susan emerges. A boom microphone (or something resembling one) can be seen pulling up over Susan's head.

In that filmed sequence from the (one of the?) first episodes, where a little girl describes how things get cleaned, she says that a car that's dirty goes to a car wash. The film, however, shows an auto on the open road as windshield-washer fluid is squirted at the windscreen. Perhaps the voice-over soundtrack was recorded first, but they somehow could not get footage of a real car wash?

Many of the early Muppet segments had plainly visible sticks/rods holding up the smaller AMs' hands, especially as they manipulated objects atop the wall. (Boy Girl and Jellybeans comes to mind) However, that might just be an accepted artifact of puppetry, like visible strings on a marionette.

When Susan and Mr. Hooper were "on the moon", and Lieutentant Susan was ordered to write down the number of rocks on a blackboard (there were 3), the chalk didn't write at first. But she wrote the 3 on the second try. (I personally attributed that to non-atmospheric conditions on the moon!) She crossed off the 3 and wrote a 2 when the rocks flew away one-by-one. However, she inexplicably did not cross off the 1 when the last boulder went bye-bye; she just wrote the zero below it.

There were probably lots of goofs when kids narrated stuff. I distinctly remember a kid hiccuping in some narrative (mystery drawing?). In one Kermit-at-the-wall routine with a kid and an infant, the kid recites the alphabet sans one letter. Kermit makes no bones that she "left out the 'M'". That could have been deliberate, though I doubt it.
In a narrative about a family fishing boat, the kid narrator says "Baby sharks that don't have any teeth get thrown back... get thrown back in the water."

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The way I remember it the kid who was a boy named Chris I think left out the N probably not realiazing it since both M and N sort of sound the same. the infant was his sister Stephanie. very cute little girl.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i mentioned this elsewhere but it was in those computer animated number films which had the baker falling down the stairs, I think it was in the 6 film where the girl says 6 flying things and you really couldn't hear her say 6 or whatever the number was.