Sesame Street and the India Party

dinoboy

Reaction score
I just saw part of this episode of Sesame Street, Chris found out on how much Leela had missed her brother and her home India and decided to throw her a India themed surprise party in the them Chris got Hooper's store all decorated in an India theme for the party, and even the monsters got dressed up in India clothes as well. Meanwhile at the Laundromat, while time was running short, and the monsters were making a special bracelets of some kind that were unique to India. So, the deadline for the party was 5:00 p.m., and Zoe and Telly were in a hurry to make more of the bracelets. It was then that Zoe had looked at the clock, as she was concerned that she wouldn't finish her bracelet before 5 p.m. So when Telly assisted Zoe in telling her the clock was 5:00 p.m, guess what Zoe said.She actually said "Ah Poo." Can they say things like that in a children's show, as I never heard any of the characters say it before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Poo" is pretty much as kid-friendly as you can get. Heck, I can remember back in the 90s when everybody made a big deal out of "crap" or "crud" being used in cartoons.

Besides, they've said "worse" things on the show before in the past; "Everybody Loves Ice Cream" has been censored because the green AM calls his purple brother a "sissy" for birdwatching in the park. Not to mention A SESAME STREET TRAINWRECK CHRISTMAS from the same year as CEOSST has the line, "You look like an idiot!"