"Sesame Street: A&E Biography" Alert: 12/21/05 - 12/22/05

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Source 1: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/12/sesame-biography-set-to-re-air.html
Source 2: http://muppetnewsflash.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=60

A&E will re-air their wonderful behind-the-scenes special about Sesame Street - "Sesame Street Biography". The 2-hour special is being shown in two hour-long parts as a part of A&E's morning "A&E Classroom" programing block. The hour-long "Part 1" will air on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 7b]7:00am ET/PT[/b]; and the second hour, "Part 2", will air the very next day (Thursday, December 22, 2005) at the same time (7:00am ET/PT) -- check your local listings for details.

This is an unprecedented, behind-the-scenes look at how the children's educational show is put together, from the initial writers' meeting through research, production, and actual filming. Viewers will see the Muppeteers working their Muppets and rehearsing without the Muppets on their hands, which Sesame Street had never before allowed to be filmed.
Sesame Street is a TV legend, pure and simple. Jim Henson's vision gave the world Big Bird, the Grouch, Kermit and countless other beloved characters, and has helped millions of kids get a jump start on the alphabet, counting and other essential skills. For this extraordinary portrait, Sesame Street's producers allowed A&E unrestricted access to all facets of the show's creation, and theyl follow one episode from the first writer's meeting to broadcast to see how it all comes together. Rare footage captures landmark moments, including the never-before-seen pilot episode, and extensive archival interviews with Jim Henson and Frank Oz offer insights into the creators' intentions.

If you haven't seen this great documentary (and even if you have) be sure to set your VCRs, program your TiVo and don't miss it both days. You can also buy the DVD of both parts from A&E's online store here. The $30 disc does not feature special cover-art, any disc menu pages or any special features like standard DVDs, it simply includes a copy of the program.
A&E Biography: Sesame Street: Part 1
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
7:00am ET/PT (hour-long program)

A&E Biography: Sesame Street: Part 2
Thursday, December 22, 2005

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I taped this when it was on the first time and then someone in my house LOST the tape or (heaven forbid) taped over it and I've been wanting to see it again! This is really great news!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know it's funny, but it seems like they've been reairing in on the same days for the past two years. (Why the broke them up into two parts, I don't know). Oh well, this is GREAT!

zns

Reaction score
I actually bought this in the A&E store, and all I can say is that it is a must have for any part of your Sesame Street collection.

BEAR

Reaction score
I taped this too but the tape itself has gotten old and a little fuzzy in places, probably from playing it so much. I must have the DVDs.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Source 1: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/12/sesame-biography-set-to-re-air.html
Source 2: http://muppetnewsflash.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=60

A&E will re-air their wonderful behind-the-scenes special about Sesame Street - "Sesame Street Biography". The 2-hour special is being shown in two hour-long parts as a part of A&E's morning "A&E Classroom" programing block. The hour-long "Part 1" will air on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 at 7b]7:00am ET/PT[/b]; and the second hour, "Part 2", will air the very next day (Thursday, December 22, 2005) at the same time (7:00am ET/PT) -- check your local listings for details.

This is an unprecedented, behind-the-scenes look at how the children's educational show is put together, from the initial writers' meeting through research, production, and actual filming. Viewers will see the Muppeteers working their Muppets and rehearsing without the Muppets on their hands, which Sesame Street had never before allowed to be filmed.
Sesame Street is a TV legend, pure and simple. Jim Henson's vision gave the world Big Bird, the Grouch, Kermit and countless other beloved characters, and has helped millions of kids get a jump start on the alphabet, counting and other essential skills. For this extraordinary portrait, Sesame Street's producers allowed A&E unrestricted access to all facets of the show's creation, and theyl follow one episode from the first writer's meeting to broadcast to see how it all comes together. Rare footage captures landmark moments, including the never-before-seen pilot episode, and extensive archival interviews with Jim Henson and Frank Oz offer insights into the creators' intentions.

If you haven't seen this great documentary (and even if you have) be sure to set your VCRs, program your TiVo and don't miss it both days. You can also buy the DVD of both parts from A&E's online store here. The $30 disc does not feature special cover-art, any disc menu pages or any special features like standard DVDs, it simply includes a copy of the program.
A&E Biography: Sesame Street: Part 1
Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A&E Biography: Sesame Street: Part 2
Thursday, December 22, 2005

why can't they show this in the evening as well?

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Its on in the morning? I thought it said 7pm. Well I leave for school at 6:50 so i could just press record and let the tape go and then tape over the other programs with the second half. Although Im not real sure when it would be on over here. It's 8:47 as im posting this message so maybe someone could tell me.