Sesame Street: A Celebration of 40 Years of Life on the Street

jgidley

Reaction score
Does anybody else have this book? Because I just got it today from Amazon and it is absolutely AMAZING, especially the cover. :stick_out_tongue::frown::insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh::search:

cjd874

Reaction score
Yes! I got it a couple of years ago and it is simply stunning! I love all the behind-the-scenes pictures and the performer/cast bios. It is great to see color photos of Jim and Frank performing Ernie and Bert, or Jon Stone with a pencil in his hand while directing a street scene. The background information and trivia is great, too.

But my favorite part might be the timeline with those fabulous photos of various SS merchandise items. Fisher Price Little People, vinyl records, hand puppets, Ice Follies flags, View-Masters, and so on. In fact, I still have a red VM from my childhood that came with two copies of a SS viewing screen about counting. Each little screen featured a Muppet holding a certain number of objects (e.g. Big Bird with one balloon, Prairie Dawn with four toy cars) and the number was also on the screen. I think this is it: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_View-Master_reels