Sesame Street #3157

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey guys, did you know what I watched? I watched 123 Sesame Street! That show rocks!!! I remembered watching the episode where Telly Monster tries to yell the number thirteen, but he thinks that if he says it, rain will continue to drown. I saw it on last Friday before I got IO. Now, I got it, and today, I watched #3157. It was where the Amazing Mumford makes a trick that the magician acts like a dog, and the dog acts like a magician. HOW FUNNY! It had most of Big Bird and Mumford.

For my own opinion, I love the way Big Bird looks today! I love Mumford, and I love Telly! I always love all of the Muppets!!!

Here are the songs/skits I remembered as I watched last Friday's episode:

Telly's Thirteen Song
Kermit the Reporter: the London Fog
Let's Go Driving (sung by the AM's driving in the car)
I'm Curious ( a cartoon tune)
Where Does the Water Go? (sung by a cartoon mom cleaning her son up after he takes a bath)
An animated segment about Brazil, South America
I Love You ( a cartoon where hands transform into letters I, L and Y)
Splish Splash ( a live-action film where zoo keepers bathe elephants in the zoo)
Grover the Waiter: Fat Blue Tries To Guess What Food He Wants, But Grover Thinks It's Out Of Order
A live segment where kids make signs of letters
The TWIDDLEBUGS!
Up and Down (an early cartoon)
Wet and Dry (a cartoon)
The segment with everything that end with "ake"

The sponsored letters and number of this episode are Q, X and 13.

Here are the skits/songs I remembered as I watched #3157:

The E segment where the elephant transforms into a big E as Luis's voice says, "E!", and transforms into a small e as he says, "E!"
The Letter Of the Day Pageant (it hosts by Guy Smiley, and here's how it went: he announces the letters S, C and T then he announces all of the vowels. The fourth place is A, the third place is U, the second place is I and the first place is E. Finally, he sang a cute little song to the letter E. I think he sang it in Link's voice!)
E-Erase (an old cartoon)
What Happens Next? (hosted by Gordon. He dings the Dinger as the guy begins to crash or whatever.)
We Are All Monsters
Love the Ocean
Inside Outside Story (a Monsterpiece Theater production)
Ernie's Lullaby (an old B&E skit)
Caveperson Days: Checking Outside (I think I missed the part of it as I talked to mom. I wish I would watch the whole skit!)
L-Loud (a cartoon. I think the man blowing the horn with the loudest sound terrified my inside!)
L, Large...L, Little (a cartoon)
Letters In Sand- the "L" version (I have "M" and "Y" versions on my first family tape!)
Grover & kid: Surprise!
A live film where a girl makes cookies for grandma
A live film where kids ride with dogs in Alaska
A new African-like counting segment that counts up to 15
Rap Song#15
Mother Brown's Farm (a cartoon tune)
The Spanish Counting Backwards segment with the fruits shape like numbers
The In and Out Crowd

The sponsored letters and number of episode #3157 are E, L and 15.

As you see, the African-like counting animation that ends up to 13 (or 14 or 15, etc.), the stamp counting segment that ends up to 9 (or 10 or 11 or 12 or 13, etc.), numbers growing everywhere that count up to 13 (or 14 or 15, etc.), the strange animal or whatever-like numbers segment that counts up to 13 (or 14 or 15, etc.) and the number rapping song are a lot newer than the falling baker series, the number painter films, the cartoon pinball machine and the counting series with the race cars and the spies.

I think the pinball machine segment I saw on my first family tape is pretty old.

And, do you remember these new counting segments?

ssetta

Reaction score
I know ALL OF THEM! It's funny how they were all done at about the same time, approximately 1990. I think that was when they first started to do a lot with the higher numbers.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember that Caveperson Days sketch. I also remember the one with Kermit about the London fog. That one was funny. Everyone kept misinterpreting what he said and brought him something different. I think Richard Hunt did some voice work in that.

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
The episode where Telly Monster tries to yell the number thirteen, but he thinks that if he says it, rain will continue to drown, is numbered #3142/