Sesame Street #162

mikealan

Reaction score
Do you know what I finally saw? I watched Sesame Street Unpaved on Noggin for the first time! The first Unpaved episode I ever saw on Noggin was #162 from 1970.
Here are the sketches I remembered:

Animated opening: passion flowers growing
Oscar's Stop Signs
Kermit and Cookie on the Happy Face
Kermit's What Happens Next Machine
There Once Was A Hand
Goin' For A Ride
A couple of H sketches like H-Hello
the STOP cartoon
A live film where a little boy helps the baker to make an apple cream pie
A street segment where a live girl counts the ginger ale bottles
Oscar teaching us about the letter h
The Countdown of the USA rocket cartoon
Bob and Gordon make the H

The sponsored letter and a sponsored number of this episode are H and 12.

I finally watched The Electric Company, too. It is another show made by CTW (but not Henson!)

Here are the favorites:

The Blob
As Is (the whole script is available online from the Sesame Street Lyric Archive)-a short cartoon
Pretty Prettier Prettiest
"ou" sketches

I only saw the beginning of episode #3152. Highlights of this are...

Oscar and Grungetta doesn't want to hear the Sunny Day song, so he wants his pet elephant, Fluffy, his pet goat and his pet pig to make noise
Mr. Between, a crazy-looking Muppet sings about between. The elephant Muppet made a short appearance at the end in Baby Bear's voice and steals Mr. Between's song
Hip To Be A Square
A cartoon girl getting mad about combing and her little brother

Today, I watched the full-length episode #3144. It was where a little duckling muppet thinks he's ugly, but Big Bird thinks he's not.

Here are the other favorites of this episode:

Alphaquest: F (I think I never watched that in my youth!)
Let's Do It
Kermit and the muppet kids sing in the forest
A cartoon cat exploring the room and the kitchen
Dance Myself To Sleep (TV version)
The Animal Elevator (a cartoon)
If You've Lost Your L
L-Lion
1-2-3 Roller-Coaster (an old live-action film where an orange ball rides on the obstacle course)
Caveman Ernie and Mr. Sherlock Hemlock (in the caveman suit) explain about brushing teeth
The African Dance (I think the kids wearing make-up were weird.)
A live girl laughs because she calls Grover "you"
Luis telling the story about Gregory the Mouse, who doesn't want his animal friends to call him Little Squeaky
Danger's No Stranger

The sponsored letters and number of this episode are F, L and 3.

I watched the part of Play With Me Sesame today. On this episode:

Bert makes designs with oatmeal
Grover pauses the song, "A Cat Had A Birthday" by Kingstown Lingston III, so he teaches us to make animal sounds
Me Lost Me Cookie At the Disco
Ernie Draws Bert On Screen (the same sketch I saw on #536, the classic episode of Sesame Street Unpaved at the Museum of Television and Radio!)

I hope if you guys saw these episodes.:big_grin:

mikealan

Reaction score
P.S. The worst part of #162 is that they never showed an old claymation where twelve balls in the desert count to twelve. I am very disappointed!:frown:

In fact, it doesn't have Big Bird, Bert and Ernie in it, but I love the way the Big Bird of today looks and I love the newer Bert and Ernie!

When I first saw the Unpaved intro, it was weird and real scary, because it took place in New York City where Bert and Ernie walk, a monster with just its grey legs, Cookie waving his arm and Big Bird walking to the Sesame Street Unpaved title on the ground floor.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Wait...SSU didn't air last night! They aired #3141, a 1993 episode...why? Did you see #162 on Friday/early Saturday?

mikealan

Reaction score
Oh! My mom and dad taped it for me when I go to sleep. I finally got IO Cable Service!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Oh, I guess it was Friday/early Saturday's episode, then...I missed that.

But I did see last night's 12:00 Electric Company episode, with an "ou" skit using the word "grouch"...featuring J. Arthur Crank singing a song to Oscar the Grouch (in a rare Electric Company cameo) about how great of a grouch he was (but Oscar didn't think Crank was grouchy enough...)

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually noticed that Show #162 is the only Unpaved episode that has the animated intro before the theme. I wonder why they left that one in there.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Mikealan, I ask you: how would you know what Noggin removed unless your copy of #162 is NOT from Noggin? If such is true, I'd really like to see it. That, and your clip tape. Please email me for trading details. I eagerly await your response. :big_grin: