Sesame sign and word skits

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's a few memorable ones. >Luis is in a room with brick walls and he pushes on them and can't move them to get out. then this sign comes down that has the spanish word for exit, salida. he takes it and tries to find the right place for it and then puts it over the last place he pushed on and in was as a rult of him puting the sign up he was able to get out. now that's wierd. > how about that 1 from the 80s were this muppet singer is singing the song about salida and he won't stop and his band has to carry him out. > and theese silly exit cartoon were the guy opens a door and the train drives through and the other 1 were the green exit gets up and runs out the door.

Splurge

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
here's a few memorable ones. >Luis is in a room with brick walls and he pushes on them and can't move them to get out. then this sign comes down that has the spanish word for exit, salida. he takes it and tries to find the right place for it and then puts it over the last place he pushed on and in was as a rult of him puting the sign up he was able to get out. now that's wierd.
Heh, I fondly remember that one, as well as the skit done again with the English word "EXIT". One of my favorite "EXIT" demonstrations was a polar bear with a white hat. Everytime he finds an EXIT, a mob of similar bears charge through the other way. As a result, he makes his own by going through the wall, cartoon-style. I think that was done by the Hubleys, and like many Hubley cartoons, there was cool jazz-like music.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
can't forgrt Chrissy & The Alphabets song exit. > now how about some open & closed skits. the man see a sign that says open and he opens it and the man of the house says, would you mind closing our open!? bang! Thanks! boy do they come up with some wierd of funny ideas. david walks into a room after closing the door, it opens by itself and he closes it, then the window opens, closes it and well you know the rest. finally he had enough of trying to keep both the window and door closed, he says, alright you guys you win! open! walks out and both the door and winow close.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
speaking of open and closed. about about abierto and cerado. rememebr where Luis was about to run out the door and Maria was holding it shut though we didn't know it and the sign says cerado. Maria opens the door and turns the sign around and it says abierto. Luis runs for the door, i don't know if he was mad at her and going to get her for holding the door shut or if he was just trying to leave while the door was abierto, he runs out and falls. we hear this noise like he fell into someting. Maria, now alarmed about what happened turns the sign back around saying cerado twicw and closes the door.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's another abierto and cerado one. a tall red lady opens the door saying abierto and the small blue man closes it saying cerado! he opens and closes it again saying the words again and then walks away. he is probably in the basement and the woman is under the drain that you find in basements and twice she pops up saying abierto and twice he he closes the cover saying cerado. but she does it a 3rd time. all of a sudden she's huge and makes a big hole in the floor. of course he comes back down. Cerado!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's another. david is trying to find his way out of a building and sees a door and says hey. a door. tris to open it but it won't open. happenes a 2nd time with another 1 and the 3rd time sees adoor that says open and find several doors he has to walk through before he's finally out.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's a few dangerous moments on SS. 1st there was this very old cartoon were the word danger falls off a cliff and and this shark comes on laughing saying danger! if i'm not mistaken, i think he goes after a fish hook in the water. >more to come.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
here's a few dangerous moments on SS. 1st there was this very old cartoon were the word danger falls off a cliff and and this shark comes on laughing saying danger! if i'm not mistaken, i think he goes after a fish hook in the water. .
of course who could forget the silly man walking down the street reading the newspaper and comes close to danger and misses it. untill he get's in the way of a revolving door, and the Little Jerry song danger.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
remembrer this cartoon song about the word yo, spanish word for me? it's where this kid is pretending to me different animals in front of this large yellow YO word and the last scene is he's flying and the yo word is also floating through the sky and goes to sleep on the word.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememeber this walk film where they're filming people walking the streets of N.Y.C.? these kids wich we don't see say walk and we see and walk sign and them they show evryone walking. matter of fact the sign and kids saying the word is repeated several times in the film. now the music that was played in this 1 wasn't a Raposo tune it was music to some patriot song. anyone knows what it was called?