Sesame Place theme park celebrates 25 years

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
On May 7, 2005 Sesame Place will open for another season of fun. May 7th will kick off the season long celebration of Sesame Place’s 25th Birthday. Get to Sesame Place early (9:45am) to see the star studded red carpet arrival of all the Sesame Street characters! And when the gates open (at 10:00am) there’s more fun for all with cake and candles to wish a very Happy Birthday to Sesame Place. So if youve never experianced the fun of Sesame Place, 'now is the perfect time to plan a vacation to the Philadelphia/New York area. Check out the exciting birthday parade, great special events, plus all the regular rides, shows, play areas, games, stores, attractions, characters, dining, and more! For more information, call 215-752-7070 or visit sesameplace.com.

astrotrain

Reaction score
Very cool place!

Its great to go during the weekdays prior to Summer and in the Fall. Not to many crowds.

Also if you local to Sesame Place, invest into a Season Pass, gives you
unlimited park entries! Which allows you to also avoid the long lines at
the ticket stands.

The Count's Spooktacular was pretty good last year, a scavenger hunt
and interesting to see the rides semi-converted in to character stations
and halloween themed activities. (aka. Counts Font transformerd into
Corn Maze, at the end you met the Count himself).

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Just went to SESAME PLACE during 4th of July weekend.

The trip overall? SO-SO.

LONG LINES.

Especially the food lines. It took 30 minutes, standing in line, to get a hamburger. The problem is that they're understaffed, and these local Philadelphia teenagers are WAY too **** slow in making a frickin' happy meal.

Also, long lines to see Elmo's World Live. We were almost turned away, as the studio filld up so quickly.

HOWEVER, my young one did get to take pictures with Cookie, Big Bird, Elmo, and her favorite Zoe, so it wasn't a total loss.

It's just that it's ** SO FREAKIN' CROWDED ** there these days!!! If you don't want to be stressed out, stay home!

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I am looking at taking my 2 year old with total expectation that we will not be going on rides (she's probably too small anyway) but that she just can see the characters maybe see a show and get some pictures.

Anyone here ever do the BB breakfast or dinner? Basically I want to make sure that my daughter gets to see BB, Elmo, Count, Cookie, Zoe and B&E. Do you see the characters out and about? My wife and I are ready to put up with the crowds but I want my little girl to see who she wants to see.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
MuppetMazz said:
I am looking at taking my 2 year old with total expectation that we will not be going on rides (she's probably too small anyway) but that she just can see the characters maybe see a show and get some pictures.

Anyone here ever do the BB breakfast or dinner? Basically I want to make sure that my daughter gets to see BB, Elmo, Count, Cookie, Zoe and B&E. Do you see the characters out and about? My wife and I are ready to put up with the crowds but I want my little girl to see who she wants to see.

If what's you're looking for is just pictures with the SESAME STREET characters, then the breakfast isn't really that necessary.

You see, they have this new kiosk set up in the park, called 1-2-3 SMILE WITH ME, which is basically just a small building where there's 3 actors dressed as Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Elmo who take pictures with kids ROUND THE CLOCK all day, from 10 to 7.

Simple as that. No more waiting to see if they show up. They're there at that designated place every day, and the lines aren't even that long (not sure if many people know about it). But my young one was able to get a pic with Elmo and Cookie. (Big Bird was on break - they only have 2 at a time, in shifts).

We got to the park kinda late, around 1PM, and still, we managed to get pics taken with Zoe, Bert, and Ernie as well.

I'd recommend just watch the shows. That's hard enough and will easily take up the whole day. Just Elmo's World Live, Big Bird's Beach Party, Zoe and Big Bird Dance, and Oscar's Game Show.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
For the record, I've been to SESAME PLACE three times, 2002, 2004, and 2005, and

BERT and ERNIE have ALWAYS been visible to take pictures in Sesame Neighborhood (you know, the garden area with the tire swing) between Hooper's Store and 123 Sesame Street.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Oh, and one more tip:

When you go to the park, you can always ask an employee (usually the one who rips your ticket stubs) which chraracter is going to be available to take pix and when and where they'll be standing.

So, in addition to Big Bird, Elmo, and Cookie at the 1-2-3 Smile with Me Picture-Taking Buidling,

I found out where Zoe was (2:45 in front of the blocks), Bert and Ernie (virtually all day in Sesame Neighborhood), Count (4:00 at the front entrance), etc.

So, ask around. Then you'll be sure.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
sesame place cured my daughter's speech delay

Last month my daughter, my wife and I all went to Sesame Place. It was a combination family vacation and 3rd birthday gift trip. My daughter has (or rather had a severe speech delay). Until the day we went to Sesame Place she had very few words and her language consisted of mostly pointing and grunting, we had a speech therapist coming to the house 3 times a week and he was making some progress, but not much. Then at Sesame Place she finally opened up. When she saw the characters live, she said "Mama, Elmo" "Mama, Bert" "Dada, Ernie" etc. From there she has gone on to three and four word sentences. Some of her words aren't as clear as we'd like them to be but we are glad for the progress she has made, even her speech threapist is amazed