Sesame music anyone?

superfan

Reaction score
Music anyone?

Hi!
I have a collection of old Sesame Street and Muppet record albums. I am not into it to get into the monetary value of them, but rather the pure aesthetics and my own materialistic Taurean nature. Currently the album covers are hanging on the walls of my daughters bedroom, much like a wall paper border...only cooler! Haha! I keep the records seperate and they are all in good condition considering the age. I also found a set of Sesame Street 45's at Value Village. I darn near wet my pants when I found them...a buck a piece!
Another treasure is the three disc set of Songs from the Street. Even my husband knows all the lyrics to them now!!
So anyone collect music like this?
Ciao!

toughrabbit

Reaction score
Songs From The Street

Yeah, I recently bought the Songs From The Street set. Great stuff! Although, I could do without the Destiny's Child, N'Sync, etc. on Disc 3. And some of my favorites were left out, like "Dance Myself To Sleep," "If Moon Was Cookie" and a few others. But overall I'm really excited to finally have so many classic Sesame songs and be able to hear them anytime I want. The set is definitely worth buying if you love Sesame Street.

superfan

Reaction score
Thumbs Up

Ah, I couldn't agree with you more on the Songs From the Street! But that's the beauty of SS, you have such a wide range of music to select from!
My particular favorite is Grover and Madelaine Kahn. That woman exudes comedic talent from her pores, I believe! And Grover is her prefect match.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Where is Songs from the Street VERY inexpensive? When that set came out, it was so doggoned expensive that it wasn't even funny.

BJ

superfan

Reaction score
I know...it was 52 dollars Canadian here at Wal-Mart (*shudder). But, you know what....worth every penny.

toughrabbit

Reaction score
Songs from the Street

The set is on Amazon.com for $39.98 USD. I bought mine new on ebay for 30-something dollars. You might be able to find a used set on ebay for cheaper. It's worth a try.

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
LPs:
Sesame Street 2 - Original Cast
The Year of Roosevelt Franklin
David Daydreamin' on a Rainy Day
Bob McGrath from Sesame Street
Every Body's Record

45s:
all of the alphabet album songs
Sesame Street / Hello
ABC-DEF-GHI / J-Jump
Number 5 / I've Got Two
One of These Things / Up and Down
Goin' for a Ride / I Love Trash
I Can't Help It / Circles
What Are Kids Called / Green
Roosevelt Franklin Counts / Just Because
Listening Game / Pat Pat Patty Pat
Lots of Stuff / Clink, Clank
Grover Takes a Walk / Put It Away / Y'all Fall Down
What Do I Do When I'm Alone / Still We Like Each Other
This Land is Your Land / Michael Row the Boat Ashore
Sign - You're a Friend of Mine / Sign Song
High, Middle, Low / Loud and Soft
Cross at the Green / Bus Stop
Boy from Indiana / Walk Down the Street

CDs (these are my daughter's!):
Elmo Says Boo!
Numbers
Silly Songs
Sing the Alphabet

I also have a cassette of Just Friends, a cassette copy of Sesame Street Fever, and a cracked LP of Signs! (I'd love to be able to hear Calypso Calloway's version of "Wet Paint" someday!).

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey Tim,If Your SS Record Signs Is Cracked,How Good Does It Play :confused:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Hey Tim,If Your SS Record Signs Is Cracked,How Good Does It Play :confused:
It's so cracked that I don't think I've ever tried to play it. I mean, half of the record is completely cracked. There are so many songs on it that I'd love to hear, too. "Exit" and "One Way" by Chris and the Alphabeats, plus the "Sesame Street Theme" sung by Big Bird!