1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Kubricks release?

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by beaker, Aug 1, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody knows when those Sesame Street Kubricks are coming out? I so must have that Little Bird!
    While those WOS blocks looked so lame, these look pretty interesting.
  2. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

According to these guys.....
    Clickety click click

Should be in the Fall/Winter of this year. I do not know if they will have distribution in the US or not, so you may have to get them shipped from the land of the rising sun directly
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Thanx for the info. Virtually all kubrick series make it to local comic shops, though more recently weve seen series pix for an insane range of movies..from Edward Scirroshands to even the recent French indie hit Amelie.

Anyways, I just may have to order the Sesame products, as I doubt there will be much interest among fellow geek collectors at the comic shops. This is actually the first serious collector Sesame stuff Ive ever heard of.
  4. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

This is the first I've heard of these--any pics or word on which characters will be released? I haven't gotten any Kubricks yet, but I will say their designs are always interesting (but I REALLY didn't like the WOS set from Playmates).

Where are the pics?

Quinnnnnnnn
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>The links that Coree posted don't seem to work, but this was talked about at length over at ToughPigs a few weeks ago. There are pictures posted as well as information on how to get them once they're released<<<

Hey! They work^_^ But yeah, this was originally posted on TP, in what I would say has to be my fave TP thread of the year so far.
    (It seems a lot of the more non Palisades, merchandise rarity stuff is discussed over there which is good)
  8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

9. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I can't make the link work either. Can someone please explain to me what this is all about? The only Kubrick I know of is Stanley, and imagining his version of Sesame Street is quite an interesting thought, to say the least. ;)
  10. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

I don't totally understand what they're trying to do, unless those Kubrick things are compatible with Legos. That would be cool! But they don't look it.

I've seen those stupid Harry Potter Legos, and the cool Star Wars ones. It'd be great if they did the Muppets in Lego.
  11. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I think the Harry Potter Lego sets were SWEET bacom--the Star Wars too, of course...the Hogwart's Castle set they put out for Harry Potter is the best Castle anything Lego has done in over ten years--they spent a lot of time on that baby. Me loved it.

I would personally LOVE to see Sesame/Muppet Lego sets, but with all of the different SHAPES of the Muppets, I don't think they'd work too well in minifig form. Trust me, I've TRIED. But a Muppet Theatre, Sesame Street in Lego form? Yummy in my tummy.

Quinnnnnnnnn
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>I would personally LOVE to see Sesame/Muppet Lego sets, but with all of the different SHAPES of the Muppets, I don't think they'd work too well in minifig form. Trust me, I've TRIED. But a Muppet Theatre, Sesame Street in Lego form? Yummy in my tummy<<<

hey quinn, I forgot you did those cool mini fisher price people customs! Yeah, I cant wait for the sesame kurbicks...well I guess partly because I love Japanese import toys and its neat to see non baby product sesame stuff.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just found this post

MAAAAANNNN!!! I didn't like the Kubricks toys at first.. but MAAAAAAANNNN!!! I'd kill for one of those (Ernie, Grover and Count especially!)

It's been two months, so any word on these?