Series 3 action figures retooled

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
The stuff actually does get reviewed by non-Muppet fans, and by people who have little to no relationship with Palisades. I can list out all the places that do reviews if you wish. You'll be happy to know that they are not always favorable, the reviews we have received in the past. Some were appaling, as the figures were not so good.

So far we have received good reviews on Muppets, and I don't expect that to change no matter who reviews them. Even the good reviewers have pointed out some of the flaws, and all figures have them...all things have them, as nothingf is perfect. I actually prefer to have someone like Jamie or Annika or even you, Luke, give your take. You know the characters better than anybody on the planet. Most people will dig them as figures but not be able to pick up on any royal blunders that are character related.

You guys can, and that's why reviews here seem to be the most interesting to me.

Luke

Reaction score
Ken,

I'm glad to see you have got great reviews on the Muppets all round - maybe Phil could even get permission to reprint the figure reviews from other sources and they could be collated in the archives here.

From what you say - seems like you want multiple viewpoints from knowledgable fans. Can i suggest you look at this :-

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/tv-film/mfs_film.shtml

Is that the kind of format you would prefer as a product developer rather than one person doing the reviews each wave ?

I actually agree with you, i don't think the overall content of the reviews would change - it's obviously a great line. Even if there was one person who didn't like something, their views would be put into context by the other 5 people who did. I think a more balanced collection of reviews (coming from all sections of the fan community) would be more varied and interesting for us as readers though, and it's pretty much how we have always done it at Muppet Central, though weirdly enough it has changed for the figures.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I'm glad you mentioned that you editied his name in. Thought I was going crazy (crazier than usual:wink:). I disagree with getting a totally impartial point of view, but I do feel that each review and article might be best if they rotated between different people - some staff, some not. Just a wide variety of different Muppet fan perspectives. Non fan reviews have been listed on the forum and are a valuable resource but it's more fitting for the MC reviews to be fan driven. I think that's what most people look for when going to a fan site.

Heck - maybe even "dueling" reviews side by side. Maybe they are two fans from different perspectives, maybe one is a fan, one is a non-fan or one could be an action figure expert. There are many ways this could go. I actually like this dueling figure review idea - as long as they have some contrasting points.

By the way - have you gotten your hands on any of these yet? I'd suggest the Dr. Teeth first. Just such a cool and unlikely figure.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Ken,

I'm glad to see you have got great reviews on the Muppets all round - maybe Phil could even get permission to reprint the figure reviews from other sources and they could be collated in the archives here.
he can reprint my Bunson review. i don't get paid, so i can put it where ever i want, as long as Zen gets first crack at it. it's already seen print, so it's all good.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

I'm sure you feel these figures are better than Muppets From Space was as a movie! LOL I get what you mean though. Just thought that was a funny example. :smile:

Keep in mind that this really wasn't the official series 3 review, it was just exclusive information on the tooling.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Jamie,

Yeah, i actually also love the 'duelling' review idea - it could be laid out very well on the site, to illustrate the whole concept. Just two people duelling it out would obviously look best, but they have to hold really differing viewpoints to make it worthwhile.

Heck - i wouldn't even mind if this wasn't even about the figures at all but was for some other product, maybe the busts or bobbleheads - i just think it would be a very fresh direction for Muppet Central to take, and would work brilliantly around here.

BTW - Yes, i have seen and handled the figs in packages. I have seen one or two of a friends out of the packages, and i have two of my own about to arrive anyday now. Kermit will likely be my first. The main wave two's i'm interested in are Gonzo and Fozzie. As for Wave Three - Scooter and Swedish Chef.

Yep - i realise it wasn't the official series 3 review - you just inspired me to think about this all - poor you, you really need to watch that next time ! :big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah, i actually also love the 'duelling' review idea - it could be laid out very well on the site, to illustrate the whole concept. Just two people duelling it out would obviously look best, but they have to hold really differing viewpoints to make it worthwhile.
is it just me or does anyone else see the merit of having the "dueling reviewers" be Luke and Jamie?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Heck, I do, but somebody's got to get on the ball and grab up the figures before a review can be written. LOL! It seem that if the articles have a chance of working the reviewers will have to be dilligent about buying the figures when they hit the market.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd be up for being a "duelling reviewer" but the trouble is, i don't think i'd be seen by others as unbiased in this case because i've already said a lot on the figures. If i was reviewing wave one from what i've seen, i'd probably take the same kind of tack as Annika, although overall i'd be slightly less forgiving - they'd probably get a 4.

Probably the two products coming out for people to 'duel it out' on are the Rittenhouse Bobbleheads or the Palisades Mega-Beaker. Both are products where there are people with widely differing viewpoints which would make a 'duel' worthwhile. Everyone likes the figures, so it'd probably be better to go the usual Muppet Central multi person review format we usually have.

Anyway getting back on topic - how bout those series 3 sculpts, and Jamies cool article. I think the good work improving these puppies warrants some more discussion and opinions ........

ronskimomo

Reaction score
I am so glad they are putting knee joints in some of the figures. I can't wait to see the painted retooled figures.