Sequel to "Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet" coming

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I loved this book...read it myself and am reading it now to my five year old. Even got a few of my students reading it now. Funny book and really hasa love for the muppets (Danvers is like a more mischchiveous and less innocent version of Walter in my mind). Also noticed that the orange Muppet Whatnot kit has parts where you can build Danvers if you want (Unintentional I'm sure). I'm very happy that their are more of these books on the way.

gonzofan13

Reaction score
I have the whole set because i am a younger muppet fan

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I really enjoy thess...read them to my kids...do my best muppet impersonations (some better than others....but the kids love hearing me try to do the voices :smile: )

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've been buying these books too. They're a fun read. I've noticed that these slot nicely into a thing I've noticed with various Disney properties: an outsider becoming one of the characters he or she admires. Kilala joins the Disney Princesses, Walter joins the Muppet troupe, and Danvers has an explicable species change and turns into a puppet.

I do wish Danvers was less of a Mary Sue. It's fine that the stories center on him, since they're told from his POV, but when the Muppets fall into his orbit, that's a bit much for me.