Send in the Nouns (song parody)

DTF

Reaction score
My good friend and I made up this song, when we were about 10. With slight modifications, I’ve turned it into a street scene. I think kids could enjoy something like this now, though more so back then when they were singing about being “born to add,” and other concepts more for 1-2nd grade. But, how hard is it to learn that any person place or thing is a noun - if you can name it, you can claim it, one might say. Could be a street scene or part of an Elmo’s World (where family is just as abstract)

Elmo: Hi, Zoe, hi, Rosita. Wow, Zoe and Rosita are dancing beautifully. Are you thinking about nouns, too?

Rosita: Si.

Zoe: In fact, whenever I think about anything, I’m thinking about a noun.

Elmo: Wow.

Rosita (pointing as she dances): Isn’t it rich, all those things there.

Zoe (twirls and points): Birds and clouds up in the sky, sidewalk down there. Where are the nouns?

Elmo: Wow, there’s things all around. Oh, hi, Big Bird.

Big Bird (entering, we see Gabi by Oscar’s can as Big Bird and the others dance/walk over ): Isn’t it great, isn’t it grand? All my friends gathering here, to sit or stand. Where are the nouns.

Gabi: All of those things and people too.

Elmo: Even the places like Hooper’s?

Gabi: Yep. (Sings again) Or even the zoo. (Goes to Oscar’s can): A noun can even have one inside it like so.

Oscar (popping out): Hey, enough happy singing, okay! Just tell them everything’s a noun and get on with it. Sheesh. (Goes back in)

Gabi: Though Oscar will want us to go.

Elmo: Don’t you love nouns? I know I see

Big Bird: Words come in all different types

Gabi: All around me.

Zoe: But, where are the nouns. Quick, send in the nouns.

All: They’re all around here.

Elmo: All things, they are nouns, and places are nouns.

All: And everyone here.

Yeah, probably too rich for SS to buy it now, and I don't know if they even buy stuff from ordinary people. But, I figured I'd post it here, anyway, as I was recollecting that great song we made up, "Where are the nouns."