Self-Performed Original Song Parodies

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I was wondering, how much have there been times when a celebrity comes on and sings a parody of their own song with new music? The only ones I know of are Hop this Way and Five By. What are the others?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Feist was also on the show a couple years back performing a parody of her song "1234".

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey Anthony, I'm confused right now. In the title you put original music, but in the first post, you put new music. Which of the two are you asking for?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To avoid confusion, the thread's title has been changed.

Also, there's "My Triangle" sung by James Blunt and "A Monster Ate My Number Two" sung by Elvis Costello if you want to add to this list.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Original means new. That's what I'm asking for.
Oh, OK I see now. When you said original, I thought you meant the old music. Well, I just listened to both "Five By" and the original version "Drive By". The music in both versions sound very similar if you ask me.

To get back to the point, one example I can think of is Smokey Robinson's "U Really Got a Hold of Me". I'm not sure if that counts, but I'm sure that more examples will come to me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
REM " Furry Happy Monsters". I got to meet Stephanie D'Abruzzio, who played the girl singer, thought she was great.