Seen More Muppet Babies!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love to mulch around in Second Hand stores, I dig through the little toys (and have found dozens of Muppet McDonald toys that way) But yesterday I recieved the delight of my life.

1st. Beeker. He was sat there right on the top of the .50p box. I snapped him up like hot cakes (hope I didn't burn him...)

2nd. Was the best surprise of aggges. I saw it there on the video shelf. £1 was written on the price sticker. "Muppets Babies" said the cover. "Raiders of the Lost Muppet, and the Muppet From Space"

I asked the lady at the store to hold it, while I ran helterskelter down the street to where my Dad swapped for some change, then charged back. "Do you have it? Do you have it?"

Yes. She still had the video. I paid (without informing anyone that £1 for two Muppet Baby episodes was a rip-off. How lucky am I! I'd have paid £5.)

Back home, I open the cover, take out the video with that part devoltion part love part can'-wait-to-get-it-on-ness that comes with aen unexpected Muppet find.

I put it in, I press play.

It's not Muppet Babies-Raiders of the Lost Ark!

The video inside was not what it said on the cover!

It was BETTER!

THREE Muppet Baby Episodes!

The first was where they overhear Nanny on the phone. "Oh, their playing in the nursery," she said. "Oh, yes, come over and have a look at them, one of them must go."

Oh no! They have to decide which baby is going to be "thrown out in the cold." (more on that later)

The second episode was the one where they imagine themselves at a Fun Fair. :sing: "Around, and around the world, on a merry-go-round..."

Then in Episode three, horror of horrors, Gonzo looses Camilla hiss little Baby Chicky.

Anyway, more details on the episodes, and my thoughts on them later.

Right now, I'm too busy singing, "Cammilllllla, camillllaaaaa, whoo, whoo, whoo, whouuuu."

Beau

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok.

Eight Take One Equels Panic

The Muppet Babie's are in a plane.

SKEETER: This is your co-pilot speeking. Fasten your seat belts. You may be suffering a little turbulence.

In the Nusery, Animal crawls under the old ragged chair where Skeeter, Gonzo, and Scooter are sat. Skeeter is holding her hands in the air as if flying the plane.

Animal turns upside down and kickes the underneith of the chair with hsi hands and feet.

ANIMAL: TUR-BU-LENCE!

Piggy, Kermit, and Fozzie are sat in another ragged chair behind the others.

FOZZIE: It dosn';t look much like a plane.

PIGGY: Use your imagination.

Fozzie scrunches up his eyes.

FOZZIE; Hey. That looks better.

Piggy walks up the airplane asile with an empty tray.

PIGGY: Cookies, cakes, just one buck.

FOZZIE: I don't see any cakes.

PIGGY: Use your imagination!

FOZZIE: Gee that's better.

He reaches for a cake.

PIGGY; Uh, uh. One buck please.

Fozzie mines reaching into his pocket to get a buck.

FOZZIE: Here you go.

PIGGY: Sorry. We don't accept imaginary money on this flight.

Meanwhile, in the front of the plane.

SKEETER: Captain Gonzo, what's the compass reading.

GONZO: Looks like the sports section.

A little man shapped like a compass folds up a newspaper and walks away.

SKEETER: Hey, quit goofing around.

Suddenly, the sound of a telephone ringing break them all out of thei imagination.

KERMIT: That sounds like the telephone.

They all crawl up the steps, and listen by the door.

NANNY (Voice over): Yes, they are playing in the nursery. Uh huh. I agree. One of them must go. You can come over and have a look if you like.

Kermit turns wide-eyed to the others.

KERMIT: Nanny is going to get rid of one of us.

FOZZIE: One of us will be thrown out in the cold? All alone?

GONZO: You guys don't have to worry. Nanny loves Frogs, and everyone likes dumb bears. It's me she'll get rid of. She dosn't even know what I am.

FOZZIE: Gee gonzo I alwyas thought you were a cross between a buzard a beach towel and a pair of socks.

GONZO: There are no beech towels in my family!

PIGGY: Well I know it won't be me. Nanny told me just the other day how much she likes me keepign my room tidy, and being nice and sweet.

SKEETER: Not since you rode your tricycle through the kitchen.

PIGGY: How did she know that? SKEETER! You told!

Piggy chases Skeeter.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK!

(By the way this is not a totally word for word acurate account of the episodes, but it is a rough guideline to how it went.)

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked the part where the MBs wondered why Nanny wanted to get rid of one of them.

PIGGY: "Maybe we cost her too much money."

SKEETER: "Or maybe we're too much trouble."

FOZZIE: "Maybe there's one to many of us for Nanny to start a bowling team."

EVERYBODY: "WHAT??!!"

FOZZIE: "Never mind." :embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah yes. I forgot that pit when I was doing the outline. V. funny.

I especially like the sweet manner in which Piggy says, "Maybe we cost her too much money." It was like to break a heart when a baby thinks they cost too much and have to be thrown away.

Coming up later (if I can get time) Piggy's fantisy about being thrown out in the cold, and Gonzo's fantisy about living in the dump.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I will get around to doing the rest of this.

Was going to do it tonight but just got sent a virus thru MSN and am really mad.

Beau

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ah yes. I forgot that pit when I was doing the outline. V. funny.

I especially like the sweet manner in which Piggy says, "Maybe we cost her too much money." It was like to break a heart when a baby thinks they cost too much and have to be thrown away.

Coming up later (if I can get time) Piggy's fantisy about being thrown out in the cold, and Gonzo's fantisy about living in the dump.
I think I vaguely remember Piggy's fantasy about thrown out in the cold. I also remember her fantasizing about not being able to marry Kermit if Nanny gets rid of him.

Violia

Reaction score
I think that one of the ones that came on DVD with those plushies. Saw a couple at Toys R Us. Picked up kermit (The Daily Muppet) and Fozzie. Can;t remember what came with Fozzie.