Seeking some figures

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I'm looking for some figures, can anyone tell me where I can find them at a good price? It needs to be a trustworthy place with the site having no risk of viruses (yes, I'm that paranoid.). The only online stores I know of is Ebay and Amazon. Ebay confuses me a bit with bids and stuff, while there aren't that much stuff on Amazon.:cry:

FIGURES I'M LOOKING FOR

Zoot (regular shirt)
Janice (regular)
Pepe (regular)
Movie Usher Scooter
Classic Swedish Chef
Marvin Suggs (regular)
Pops
Lips (I don't care which one, but preferably not the white shirt one as I play with them rather than keep them mint)

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Are you looking just for the figures loose from the boxes or do you want them mint in their carded packages?
If they're loose, do you want all accessories with them?
Be specific when you're looking for something!
:smile:

Dearth

Reaction score
In his last line, he said he plays with them, so my guess is that their packaging condition is not important.

Sorry to say, the prices have been steadily increasing since Palisades went out of business, and with the film and Oscar attention attracting new fans, the values are only going to go up. None of these are going to be very cheap, and Zoot and Lips are going to be the two most expensive.

Arguably, since the prices are unlikely to drop back to previous levels, assembling a collection NOW is the only option that will 'save you money', because if they continue going up, then today is the lowest you'll ever see them for.

Unless you have a time machine. Or some scandal makes the prices go down. But over the last few years, I've watched the prices climb and climb and climb, and I'm thankful I bought many of mine when I did.

My advice is to keep an eye on Amazon for the occasional deal, and also get your feet wet, slowly, on eBay until you don't feel overwhelmed by all the rules (and the hidden fees, ugh) and then do some Saved Searches for the figures you want. You can tailor these so that you get email notifications when items with those keywords in the description are listed. You can even set price maximums on the Searches.

In other words, if you say you can't justify spending more than $20 on a particular character, you won't even be informed of any auctions where the opening price is a penny over that amount.

Also, don't go overboard on what you pay for white shirt Lips. The paint is still tacky on him, a fact I was unaware of when I spent an exorbitant amount on mine a couple of years ago and then took him off the card. The silver Lips isn't quite as bad. I don't have a brown one yet.

Alex

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that White Shirt Lips has tacky paint. And, yes, I do plan on taking them out of the box and putting them somewhere, maybe playing with them occasionally, so I don't really care if they're loose, but...
-Needs all accesories
-No paint rub-off

Otherwise I'm fine. Sorry for being unclear.

Thanks!:smile:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Sorry to say, the prices have been steadily increasing since Palisades went out of business, and with the film and Oscar attention attracting new fans, the values are only going to go up. None of these are going to be very cheap, and Zoot and Lips are going to be the two most expensive.

Arguably, since the prices are unlikely to drop back to previous levels, assembling a collection NOW is the only option that will 'save you money', because if they continue going up, then today is the lowest you'll ever see them for.

Unless you have a time machine. Or some scandal makes the prices go down. But over the last few years, I've watched the prices climb and climb and climb, and I'm thankful I bought many of mine when I did.

My advice is to keep an eye on Amazon for the occasional deal, and also get your feet wet, slowly, on eBay until you don't feel overwhelmed by all the rules (and the hidden fees, ugh) and then do some Saved Searches for the figures you want. You can tailor these so that you get email notifications when items with those keywords in the description are listed. You can even set price maximums on the Searches.

In other words, if you say you can't justify spending more than $20 on a particular character, you won't even be informed of any auctions where the opening price is a penny over that amount.
Alex
OH MY GOD YOU WERE SO RIGHT. Yesterday I found a Purple Tux Gonzo for 49.99 on Amazon, and today, it's gone up to 65 dollars! AGH!:eek:

Dearth

Reaction score
Further illustrating my mother's rule of thumb for collecting: Buy it when you see it.

She mainly buys antiques, but it works for all sorts of items.

Alex